The mini that couldn't...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by _bnkr612, Aug 26, 2005.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004

Anyone ever had their iPod mini show the little Apple logo and then just crap out? I have reseted it, I have charged it for 5 hours... Nothing.

The symptoms have been going on for two days now. I am assuming it can't boot itself up, which might suggest the little biddy mother board is not getting battery.

Anyone else with these issues?

Where's that genuis bar...

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    I've had that pop up, but mine's always come back on. For how long have you had the iPod? It could be the battery finally died. I've had mine since April 2004 and am thinking I'll have to replace the battery sometime in the next couple months. You might want to take it to the Apple Store there (I think it's in Troy) - They'll likely look at it for free and recommend what you should do.
  3. _bnkr612 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    I will be doing that. I am going to have to reserve a spot at the genius bistro.

I have had it since April 2K5. So it's still a puppy.
  4. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2005
  5. _bnkr612 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2004
    Apple was good to me. They replaced it less than 5 minutes.

Maybe sweat leaked into there since I run about 12-15 miles a week with it by my side.

The green hue is nicer on this model.

Another funny thing was that a young kid in his teens was asking about an airport card. No one at the genius bar spoke up. So I went into nerd mode and helped him out.

If anyone cares...
  6. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Feb 27, 2005
    I always end up helping people at the Apple Store... Last time I was there, I sold a couple on an iBook!
  7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    What a visual :eek:

Was the green hue on the previous one due to the sweat or ...

Gheeze I don't even want to think about that... :D