The Mini World Tour

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Scarpad, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

After spending endless days in Japan my Mini has moved on to the land of the Midnight Sun , Alaska.

Will it ever get here?

2. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Sounds like your Mini is in the Fed Ex hub, across town from me in Anchorage. Currently no midnight sun, although 6 hours of sun and gaining a few minutes every day. Your Mini is safe from the current -10f temps too! :p

Taiwan and Japan are direct non-stop commercial flights from Anchorage - like flying from NYC to London. So, your Mini is in route across the Pacific. Next stop: Seattle maybe? :)

3. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Howdy In Alaska. I'm hoping Next stop soon will be My house. Just how long will it take to get here... :confused:

4. JonoColesUK macrumors member

JonoColesUK

5. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

The Mini Has been Delivered.

It spent the night traveling from Alaska, Indianapolis,Ct, and finally to Mass !

6. Scarpad thread starter macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Well I'm typing on my Mini now. What an Excellent System I could'nt believe how easy it was to configure my Internet, Network and other settings I was literally up and connected in 15 min. What a fantastic machine. One thing I did notice thou. I'm using a KVM switch and it's working fine to go between my Mini and My PC server. One thing that stands out immediately is how much more sharper the pc is over the mini. I went in and fooled around with Font smoothing and the Mini still looked a bit blurrier. Is that just the way it is becasue of the limited video Card onboard?

7. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

This is definitely not the result of the video card. i am currently using the same card and have never seen a PC with clearer text and graphics due to the capabilities of OS X. Are you connected with VGA or DVI? And what type of KVM switch are you using? It sounds like you have a "lossy" connection. If you post a reply i would be glad to help you out in any way, as would many.

8. jaromski macrumors regular

jaromski

I would hook your mini directly into the monitor to make sure the KVM isn't tampering with the video signal.

It has been my experience that the os/x is much sharper and cleaner in appearance than windows.

-jaromski