The Missing Sync for PocketPC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jet, Dec 6, 2005.

1. jet macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2005
    Hey! Well, this is my first post. =] glad to be here..

I need help. I need The Missing Sync (for PPC), but I can't buy the program because I don't have a credit card and I'mma poh' uni. student anyway lol. Got the tooooys, sure, but no cash. I can't find it in the Gnutella network or anywhere else.

Pleeeease, please do help. I can't sync my powerbook with my imate pda2 because of this. =(

- a very sad Mac user
  2. nospleen macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2002
    This one is headed to the wasteland. Not bad for your first post.
  3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

Oct 9, 2005
    Honestly, without getting preachy, you shouldn't buy so many toys if you can't afford to pay for the software required to make them work. You should have factored in the, what, $40 for The Missing Sync when you decided to buy a PDA designed for Windows to use on the Mac.
  4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I wouldn't bother trying to get a pirated copy of The Missing Sync. It uses activation, and would be rather difficult to pirate.

BTW, it works quite well ;)
  5. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Yeah, I was part of the beta testing for this software back then and it is very good. Its a big improvement from MissingSyncPPC 1.0. We beta testers get it for free though in the end :)
    I would highly recommend it, its finally up to "par" comparing it to the original 1.0 version.

P.S. It also has copy protection and activation on this software, so it would be very hard, to pirate: this software.
  6. jet thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2005
    Actually, pretty much all 'toys' I got as gifts. Don't really buy my own **** =p

But, thanks a lot, people. =D I guess i'll find a way to buy it.. guess it's not that much anyway. I mean, I spend that much on concealer lol. =p

Thanks again.
  7. DJY macrumors 6502a

Dec 20, 2003
    Canberra AUST
    Anyone know when Missing Sync will support Windows Mobile 5?

I searched in here... tried their website... and the best I found was "The following Windows Mobile 5.0 devices are NOT currently supported; they will be supported with a free update."

Am considering a O2 XDA Atom.
    Was about to buy a SE W800 / W810i but considering other options - but sync'ing with my PB is essential!
  8. defora macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2005
    I use Missing Sync with my Smart phone and it works like a charm.

If you don’t have a credit or debit card you can always get a prepaid visa giftcards. They work just like credit cards, but they are disposable pre paid cards.