the modern newton

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bryantm3, Feb 13, 2004.

1. bryantm3 macrumors regular

see attatchment.
    wouldn't this be cool?

Attached Files:

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Uggh, not this again...:rolleyes:

But nice mockup nonetheless.

P-Worm

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is awesome bryantm3. Just what many Mac fans are waiting. My wife would purchase on if it performed like a Palm so it would allow her to have her medical data.

4. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Something like this woulld definitely gather a following, as long as the price is right. $299 would be sweet. Carry your iPhoto stuff, iTunes songs, iCal, Mail & Address Book, all on a 40GB HDD with inkwell handwriting recognition.

It would sync with iSync via Firewire, USB2, and would be Mac & PC compatible. Moreover, it would weigh 5 ounces (or about as much as a cellphone).

Lots of people would be all over that, including myself! ;)

5. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I would want brushed metal. A clamshell design protecting the screen would also be preferable like the SE Z600 phone.

6. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

It would rock if we could pop it into a mobile dock that would attach an 9 inch LCD and mini keyboard and trackpad to it. It could be Apple's 2 pound miniBook.

7. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I think if apple were to release a pda it would be hard drive based like the ipod...
    theres really not much else to do in terms of breakthroughs that the pda market hasnt either done or tried to do...and with a shrinking market you'd have to make a big splash.

8. bryantm3 thread starter macrumors regular

sounds ok, except for the $299. that wouldn't be feasable.
    and somthing else, the mac+pc compatible.
    this ain't an iPod. this thing is like a notebook built into a PDA. you couldn't use it with a pc, cos the file/directory structure is totally different.
    and it would sync firewire 800 only.
    cos i said so.

9. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yep, and maybe more than 40Gig, say 80, ... which brings back the idea of an AV iPod.

If the other rumor about iPods getting a Mac home account on them to boot from any machine, then this would be a better beast for such a service.