Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Well I just came back from the apple store today and they wouldn't let me exchange because the mooing doens't hamper the funciton of the laptop. this is my second macbook and the moo IS A LOT quieter than the first so I really didn't care. I'm happy because he fixed my G key tho lol. If you've got a moo you should still try to return it, especially if it's a loud on tho. I'm pretty sure if I nagged away for an hour like last time I would hav egotten my way, but for now I'l just wait for the firmware since this isn't a big issue ( damn this new g key feels so nice. it's like I have a brand spanking new macbook).

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think you've written your first prose poem.

:)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
WillMak said:
... for now I'l just wait for the firmware since this isn't a big issue.

I trust it will follow the same path as that of similarly affected MBPs. I am getting to the point where I do not consider any action as being a guarantee because the explanation citing that an issue is "within spec" has the capability of being routinely overused to deflect attention from many problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.