The more cases I buy the more I return to...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by xraytech, Jun 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

2. macrumors 6502a

same here. i use a cheap tpu clear case and a sgp anti fingerprint screen protector and its the best combo yet

3. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

That might be an error because I have seen that before on a Griffin product and after some time it was back in stock..

4. macrumors regular

I've looked at a whole lot of cases, and have around 15 knocking about now. I always return to the Vaja iVolution Top SP... it's just... stunning.

It's basically a leather alternative to a silicone case, and protects the corners/back/sides of the iPad all of the time, and optionally the screen with the clamp on front portion.

In my experience the silicone cases are a bit naff, the Vaja alternative is significantly more expensive but you get what you pay for.

I do, of course, have a (perfectly applied, if I may add) anti-glare screen protector on the screen, too.

Really missing having an integrated stand, though, I'm always looking for random objects to prop my iPad up on my desk at work.

5. macrumors regular

_

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

Had it since launch day and I still think Belkin Grip Vue is the best case out there.

7. macrumors regular

Yeah, I sold mine and I regret it.

8. thread starter macrumors 68020

9. macrumors regular

10. macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Maybe Apple discontiuned carrying it? I have a cheap TPU case from eBay, it sits in my Apple drawer...but I still love it.

11. thread starter macrumors 68020

Yet another case sent to the bargain bin. Just got the Contour "Showcase" snap case. Not a fan, so I'm returning to my Belkin Grip Vue.

So far I have tried...

Apple's iPad Case
    Ifrogz Slider
    Switheasy Nude, Ultra Clear & Ultra Black
    Contour, iSee & Showcase
    Still waiting for SGP Ultra Slider

... but I still think Belkin Grip Vue is the best case out there. Actually any decent TPU case is a better case.

12. macrumors member

I am finding for my new case. I've been using the Incase convertible book jacket for two months and I just realize that it's so thick. So, I decided to buy the Belkin grip vue, but someone in this forum told me that the camera connection kits cannot be completely plugged in to the iPad's connector if I used the Belkin case :confused:

13. thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah that's the only drawback with this case.

14. thread starter macrumors 68020

Yet another case kicked to the curb.

Otterbox Commutter

It's a great case. Definitly more protective compared to the Belkin Grip Vue but the deal breaker is the dock cover. I would've liked the case more if instead of the removable cover, just a simple cut out for the dock connector was used.