The most useless ipod accessories

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mfacey, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

My vote goes out to the dock plug covers that came with my 3G Ipod. its takes about 20 mins of fiddling before they actually click in! Does anybody actually use them?

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

LOL Yeah about right

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I vote for the extra ten metres of cable that you get if you want to use the iPod remote control - is meant to be a feature, the iSkipping Rope?

4. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

2nd that.

Does Apple do earphones with (MUCH MUCH MUCH) shorter leads?

Christ i can use the buggers to absail with!

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Remote control, I thought it was useful but that's a huge amount of cable... forget it apple, better something that comes together...or not remote at all, I left my remote at home and feel a lot better.

6. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

Here's another I don't understand. I you buy a remote control unit for your ipod you get ANOTHER pair of earphones with ANOTHER really long cable. That has puzzled me for quite some time now. I mean how many people that order a remote actually happen to need a new pair of earphones at the same time? :confused:

7. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Hey, I use the dock connecter cover. It only takes me a second or two to put it in, gives you peace of mind that your dock connector won't get dirty.

Anyway, my vote goes for the iBeam, that looks worthless, you can get a keychain flashlight that would be easyer to find and use.

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Evo iSkins. They are meant to protect the iPod from scratches. But they tend to make it worse because dirt gets trapped underneath the skin and causes more damage. iSkins are pieces of junk. You're better off keeping them inside the Apple supplied pouch or belt clip.

9. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

My vote goes to the "covers" by most brands for the 3G iPod which only cover the BACK of the iPod and leave the entire front - screen, four buttons, scroll wheel - uncovered, not even with like plastic. Whats the point, to preserve the metalic back??

10. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Chalk up another vote for the iBeam. I was a winner ThinkGeek's 12 Days of Christmas thingy, and opted for the iBeam for my prize--but only because my other choice was a propeller beanie(!). I still haven't taken the iBeam out of the packaging.

Utterly useless idea....an LED flashlight is the same size, cheaper, and doesn't need to be plugged into anything to work. What was Griffin thinking?

11. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

This is easy. The Belkin Hard Case seen here is by far the most ridiculous iPod accessory ever conceived. Not only is it extremely ugly, it's a hard case for the hard case you already have.

Belkin's innovative products continue to astound me. :D

12. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

13. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

uses for them socks ?????? mmmm let me see :rolleyes:

14. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

yeah, i think apple realized how useless they were. my mini didn't come with any and i think the 4G stopped using them as well.

15. mpw Guest

Microsoft Office 2004 Student Edition. The £109 accessory offered by Apple with the £69 iPod Shuffle at the AppleStore. Or how about accessorizing your £69 Shuffle with £339 Mac mini?

16. Logik macrumors 6502a

yea mine is lacking the dock cover as well..

another vote for iBeam, useless.

I'm also not going to buy an iskin now... i'm thinking i might buy the $30 socks though... seriously.. that idea rocks. expensive but.. hey, whatever :p

17. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I use the iSkin and I think it is great. I have never had this issue. The only thing that ever happens to me is my cat's hair can get stuck to the cover, but I just brush it off....

18. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

I vote iSocks as well.

19. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

I seem to be the only person who doesn't want a case for my iPod. It sits nicely in my breast pocket. I can easily access it, and rubbing against cotton all day has a tendency to wipe away all the nasty fingerprints that inevitably stain those "stainless" steel backs. I have the cleanest iPod I've ever seen.

20. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

What do you guys have against iSocks? They're functional, they look good, and stand out among the countless ****** iPod cases. Of course, I got mine for $22, so maybe I shouldn't be talking. ;)

21. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

...and the dirtiest pocket? :p

22. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

:D , you win!

That's why I consider the *iSock* (iPod s*cks :rolleyes: ), I have an ipod photo and would like to know if you can change the volume and click on it easily... any help? thanks.

23. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

haha. 2 of the most hated ipod accesories i have and use. the iBeam and the iSkin. i don't get why they're hated so much! oh well, i think what i want, therefore iPod what i want.
    i think that came out wrong.