The Mouse BT - Sorry in advance..

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by TheSith, Jan 24, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi all,

I HAVE searched and have found that I like "The Mouse BT"'s look and size the best. I really like the design. However, I have some questions. I have looked back and have seen comments on this mouse itself but some are a bit older than I'd like.

1) Any good/bad experiences with MacMice's The Mouse BT?
    2) Does it affect the Airport connection at all?
    3) Is it small?

I have this mouse/keyboard now:

and when I get my mac, I don't want an eensy bitsy mouse, hehe.

Anyways, sorry if this is a repetitive topic.. and thanks.
  2. macrumors 6502

Jan 24, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I heard the BT one has all kinds of issues but the USB one isn't to bad.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2003
    Works fine for me. (With latest BT firmware update)

Not aware of any effect on airport - I use airport all the time.

It is regular mouse size. Maybe a tad shorter and taller than the Apple mouse.

There's another thread somewhere...
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2004
    Why dont you try the Logitech MX900 BT Mouse? Its really handy and robust. You can even configure your side bottons to be used for expose :D
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 4, 2004
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have the USB mouse from MacMice and it is great. I do remember several users complaining about the Bluetooth one in an other forum. Try a search and you should be able to find it with no problem.
  6. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    It's a long thread, but look at this:

There was an extensive discussion about this mouse. I was kinda thinking about getting one, which is why I remembered the thread.

As far as Airport, I have not found huge issues with BT and airport. I have the Apple BT wireless mouse, and also a BT phone, and I routinely use both at the same time. I did have trouble with a 2.4GHz cordless telephone, but I have not had trouble with BT.