The Nano's cool and all.... BUT....

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DCBass, Sep 12, 2005.

1. DCBass macrumors 6502

Sure, the Nano's great, but where does that leave those of us that want/need a different iPod?

I don't have a USB 2 port on my Rev A Powerbook, but even so, I'd like to upgrade my 2nd gen 20gb to something bigger, yet 60 is getting a little ridiculous for me.

Since there is no keynote for the Paris expo, and it is obvious that the Nano will be Apple's cash cow this season, anyone think a 5th gen full-size iPod is in the tea leaves at MWSF in January? Getting an iPod fund for x-mas seems a little lame for the givers.

I've been waiting for this upgrade for the last couple Apple announcements since July. My wife thinks I'm crazy. I mean, what if the 5th gen doesn't come out in Jan.? Blech...

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

what do you want a quantum ipod that stores every tune in existence?

3. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah,

Was hoping for maybe 30gb. Probably whatever hits the $299 mark when the next changeup happens. I just don't want to buy an iPod right before a new one comes out. I've got an old one that's an old war horse, so I can be patient.

Besides, who knows what the next gen could possibly bring?

4. ohcrap macrumors 6502a

The world will still go 'round, promise. ;)

5. DCBass thread starter macrumors 6502

So, no one thinks anything will happen in January?

Just last week, people were getting ready to sacrifice small animals for a 5th gen. Now all is quiet?

6. njstaffer macrumors regular

Mid-Range iPod

I believe they used to make the iPod in 20, 40, and 60GB's. The newer version only has 20 and 60. You might want to look toward eBay and other auction sites for people who are selling their older 40GB models. Since you don't have 2.0 USB you wouldn't see the benefits of a new model over the older version (unless Podcasting won't work for older models...) :(

Maybe a more loved (older) iPod is the solution for you! :)

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

can i do my own?

the Nanos cool and all but... it killed the Mini series :(

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I just wanted to pipe in and say that between my experience with my wife's 10gb 1gb, my dad's 15gb 3g, my co-workers 40gb photo, and my mini, I will never buy a 'full sized' iPod. In fact, with the nano out now, I won't be buying anything mini sized either.

The ability to have the iPod with me at all times outweighs carrying my entire library with me by leaps and bounds.