The New 15" Aluminum

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by eph310, Apr 17, 2003.

  1. eph310 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2003
    Location:
    Central California
    #1
    I am going to sell my desktop on eBay. I am willing to go for the high-end 15" or the 17" now. Either way I will keep my current 17" studio display and connect it as an extra desktop for video editing and web design. I don't play any games.

    When Apple upgrades the 15" I would choose it over the 17" if (and only if) it included most of the following:
    1. Aluminum housing/better design.
    2. Airport Extreme
    3. Bluetooth built-in
    4. Better Ram
    5. 4200/100 Hard drive not 4200/66
    6. BACKLIT KEYBOARD (coolness factor)
    7. Two firewire ports (400/400 or 800/400), one for camera and one for external drive
    8. Remains the same price as it is in Titanium!!!!

    Looking at this list, I realize it would just be nice if there was a 15" option that had the same specs as the 17". I think the 17" will/should come down in price if the 15" gets the boost because the only difference at that point would be the screen size and i think very few would spend the $500 difference when the only difference would be a bigger screen. For $500 you could buy a great external LCD screen anyway.


    What do you think the new specs will be on the 15"? Will they be identical to the 17" specs (minus the screen size)? What is likely to be left off the list? And supposing the changes are made, what will distinguish it from the 17" other than the screen? Will this bring the 17" down in price? AND...

    When will the 15" be updated?
     
  2. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2002
    #2
    Maybe in June. But you never know, Apple is unpredictable, sometimes

    Hey, but I kinda like the 15". I like the black keys over the new aluminum keys. But I wish it had Airport Extreme compatibility right now. I would get it then.
     
  3. eph310 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2003
    Location:
    Central California
    #3
    Woah! June is a long time to wait. I wouldn't wait 2 months. I would rather spend the money and get the 17" now. Although the thought of getting a 15" with ALL the specs of the 17" (minus the screen size) at $500-600 less might be the only thing that would keep my credit card in my wallet for longer.
     
  4. Eckslusive macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2002

Share This Page