The new 2012 imac problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hab299, Dec 22, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2012
    Anyone of you they have problems with the new imac?? Since November 30 I change two machine and I still have the same problems! :mad:
  2. macrumors member

Jan 17, 2011
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2012
    PERTH, Australia
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2012
    problem of frozen and face time not working

I buy the 21.5-inch: 2.7GHz
    2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
    Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz
    8GB (two 4GB) memory
    1TB hard drive1
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M with 512MB

what one you buy ?
  5. macrumors regular

Dec 10, 2012
    If you have had two and have the same software problem then the problem may lie between keyboard and chair :D
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2012
    Did I read that correctly , you have had 2 27" exchanges of the new imac ? Thought they were in short supply ?
  7. macrumors member

Jun 16, 2009
    No, he said two 21.5s...
  8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2012

no it's two 21.5 ", I had problem with saafari especially with the page of safari becomes frozenoften! !! the support technician could not solve the problems. they told me to go and change the machine again!
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jul 19, 2006
    What other software are you putting on these machines? What website are you having problems with in Safari. Clearly there is something else going on here.
  10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2012

I didn't put no other software ! The problem arise mainly by expanding the Web page with the two fingers using the trakpad.

I tried to solve the problem with the Apple technical support by phone .For five days we have try many things with the second machine. We have try to make many many things and without any result!!!
  11. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Feb 21, 2012
    Behind the lens, UK
    I'm no expert but couldn't all these problems be with your Internet connection? I've had no problems with mine whatsoever.
  12. macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2012
    Sorry mate, miss read
  13. macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2008
  14. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2012

We try with a master advisor To solve the problem , finally he told to return the imac for Exchange.

The internet didnt have anything with the problem

I have an iPad , iPhone , PC a MacBook Pro and everything works perfectly with my Internet connection !!!
  15. macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2009
    Central FL
    Might be crazy but sounds like an IRQ conflict to me. That causes freezes.

But I have never seen a mac do any shenanigans before. My 2007 was perfect and still is (2 core) The this year 21.5 I just got from my dad is awesome also. and quicker. (core5)

The only thing I dont like is more more firewire. I have backups and will have to buy a new enclosure for the HD to be able to connect to the newer iMac.

Boo Hiss.