The new eBook ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by digitalrampage, May 2, 2002.

1. digitalrampage macrumors regular

Hey, with the eMac on the market, it mightent be long until we get an eBook... maybe a G3/G4 sub $1000 laptop for schools only, and the iBook to go G4???

Hey, we had the eMate... maybe the 'i' age is moving to the 'e' age at apple.

Just a thought

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Mmmmm....possible. But I really would have thought Apple are moving away from the G3 all together.
    But who knows, once the iBook is running perhaps a 600Mhz G4 and the TiBooks are at 1Ghz then maybe they will make a 500Mhz G4 eBook.
    But then isn't Apples primary notebook for schools already the iBook, is there a need for an eBook?

3. digitalrampage thread starter macrumors regular

What was the use for the eMac

the iMac was fine, wasn't it?

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Yes, but its obvious Apple is moving away from the iMac CRT for the consumer market. Its outdated and by keeping the design alive in the eMac they've lengthened its life a little. Its just showing that the G3 CPU is truly on its way out.

5. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

s*** there goes my iMac 450:eek:

anybody have a clue how I can insert a DP 800 in my iMac:D , because I like my iMac CRT soo much

6. iGav macrumors G3

I still think releasing an eBook will really confuse the range..... remember the eBook would have to be a complete redesign of the iBook much like the eMac is of the original iMac......

I'd junk the iBook, redesign it and call it the eBook, make it dirt cheap, then get Apple to release a smaller TiBook, with 13.2" megawidescreen, and G4.... more people would go for this than the current iBook, and then the people that don't want it, can buy the eBook......

Or they could just release an eBook...... and keep eveything else..... Who know's...... this is Apple we're talking about!! :) ;) :D :p

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Apple can't call stuff "eBook"

Isn't that already taken? For those stupid books that you download onto a Palm-like device.

No need to release an eBook. The iBook is doing just fine for consumers and student/teachers.

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

hey, it's clyde drexler...long time no see;)

the ibook is great and i am holding my breath for apple to get a g4 version of an ibook...and hopefully at the same price

how did your school do in the basketball thing?

9. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

We didn't make the tournanment this year. It was our 1st year in a more competitive conference. But even though we were picked to come in the bottom half of the conference, we finished the regular season in 4th (or 5th - can't remember). We lost in the conference tournanment, therefore we didn't get an invitation to the "big dance". Oh well.

As for my postings, I've been around here. Mainly posting stuff about Use Taxes and G5s coming from IBM. That sort of stuff. I've been trying to keep away from philosophical debates, though.

I see your new avatar. I'm not quite up there in posts to get an avatar. Maybe they can hold a "raffle" every month to give away an avatar to on lucky poster.