The New Generation of Animation

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 15, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Very cool....I'm ready for that Star Wars game to come out, looks like fun!

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Good to see this finally in action. It looks absolutely great. (minus FF3.) :eek: The wood thing would be awesome for a SpeederBike game. :) I just can't imagine to many space ports being built out of wood, or containing supporting beems made out of wood that's as easilly broken.

I was under the impression last year, that the first game from Lucas that would use this tech, would be an Indian Jones adventure, not another tired SW game?

Anyway, GPU physics rock!!!

<]=)

5. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Read this earlier. The endorphin engine looks amazing. And if their intimiations are correct, 2K Sports will be using it for their upcoming All-Pro Football game...which could be incredible. The NFL2K games had the best animation in the business already - this would easily leapfrog them.

7. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Now THIS is EXACTLY why consoles get more powerful, its not just flashier graphics, its about new ways of playing.

Physics are the future of gaming.

BTW, a random useless tidbit but did you notice how IGN emphasized the developers were Polish in the Warhound preview? I thought it was really odd that under developer it said "Techland (Poland)", what does the developers' country of origin have anything to do with anything to go as far as specify it in the developer tags.

/end of useless tidbit

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I guess he wanted to show the world that Poland was good for something:)
    This new tech does open up new doors and I can see a lot of developers getting into this and implementing into the games.

Side Note:
    I was thinking about that star wars tech demo they showed last night whiles I was playing Zelda:TP by a friend and I noticed how awful the game looked on a HDTV with composite cables..anybody know of some good component cables for the wii so I don't have to suffer that eye hurt again?

Bless

9. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Wow...very impressive.
    The telekinesis makes me yearn for a sequel to Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (which Acclaim is currently being sued over). Psi-Ops was a great game IMO. :)

2ny while I was at Gamestop last night picking up GoW2 I asked about Wii component cables, they said they had official Nintendo ones for $29 and Gamestop brand "HD ones" (looked like the only difference was these were gold plated) for $59.

I don't know why the guy said the Gamestop ones were "HD", indirectly inferring that the Nintendo ones weren't HD...because component obviously carries HD signals whether the cables or gold plated or nickel plated. Sales ploy I suppose. :eek:

I still have my composites hooked up to our Samsung SlimFit 30" Widescreen HDTV...I'm pleased enough with the composite for now, but I do want the components as well.

10. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thanks zero I will check out gamestop today. I was scared thinking I would have to dish out over $50 for component cables.

Bless

11. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

No prob...the one I went to had them behind the counter, so if you don't see them on shelves, don't panic. ;)

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's why it's a good thing that this data can be offloaded to the GPU and that all 3 consoles are capable of handling physics.

<]=)

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Lovely Pre-Vis ideas on video.

But like most starwars games - the final version will probably smell like one of yoda's moldy testicles.

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's SICK!!! :eek: I've never had that kind of thought in my life. DAM YOU!!! :D

I miss the days when Lucas Arts made good games. :( At one time though, I really wanted a Star Wars graphic adventure, like Indiana Jones.

<]=)

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL!!

"Cursed ball me have you with " as yoda would say :D

Yeah a SW graphic Adventure would be sweet. At least KOTOR were ok and probably the best SW games.

Unfortunetly as much as I love Indiana Jones too - I can imagine the new one will be equally as ripe....

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Every time I see Yoda, your EVIL comment will infest me mind. :( :p

KOTOR is the one game that I never got around to playing and it's the one game I really wanted to play. :eek:

When Indiana moved to 3D and took on the Tomb Raider aproach, it went downhill fast.

<]=)

17. madog macrumors 65816

madog

That's totally for the Wii, no other console can handle those kinds of in depth graphics and AI. Gimmie a break.

18. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Thats some gross S*** right there. I really don't give a damn about the star wars game just the tech they will use and apply to other games.

Return of the jedi for the SNES wasn't that bad....I use the lightsaber and spin jump all through the stages:)

Bless

19. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What are you ranting about?

<]=)

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That game was freaking hard. Did you haver finish it? :)

<]=)