The new iMac in person

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ilikeiBook, Feb 22, 2002.

Have you seen the new iMac in person or received it.

Poll closed Mar 14, 2002.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
  2. No

4 vote(s)
  1. ilikeiBook macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    Today, I saw the new iMac. It is beautiful. I want to see how many other people have met it in person, so I started this poll.
  2. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    its true its F#@ken awesome
    I went to look at it and I ended up ordering one
  3. GyroFX macrumors 6502

Jan 14, 2002
    Los Angeles and NorCal

Today was the first time I saw the iMac is sweet. It looks so much better in person, and i couldn't believe how sturdy it is. Its components are very well put together and a lot of thought went into the engineering of it. The LCD is pretty awesome as well...i wanted one after i played around with it for a while. Unfortunately, i just bought a dual Ghz, hence, no more spending money for me...:( gotta be one of the coolest consumer product of the year!
  4. Beej macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2002
    Buffy's bedroom
    Well I think it was cool, but I was hoping it was even cooler in real life. I saw one a couple fo days ago and I was rather disappointed. They are cool, but they're not super unreal.
  5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

Dec 3, 2001
    Sometimes Tokyo, sometimes California
  6. fuge macrumors member

Feb 18, 2002
    Tacoma, WA
    I SAW

I saw it.
    I touched it.
    I talked to it.
    I want it.

ps. it didn't talk back ... yet.
  7. dualburn001 macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2002
    I went to see it a week ago at Compusa andit was beautiful. The LCD screen was perfect (no dead pixels), it ran applications fast and it looked like a perfect lamp. Then I tried to buy it and the guy offered to put me on a 3 month waiting list so i laughed and left. I didn't leave empty handed though, I picked up a new EPSON 2000P printer. :D :D :D Im drooling over the thing and soon I'll be printing from my iMAC (when i find one) on it.

8. oldMac macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2001
    Looks nice...

I thought it looked nice, though I wasn't overwhelmed.

One thing that surprised me... I thought the screen would have a protective cover like the sony vaio screens do. Instead, it looks like that halo is just there for looks.

I'm a little disappointed in this, because I think that makes it a tougher sell to schools (iBooks too), where kids will likely jam a pencil through the screen at some point.
  9. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
  10. dualburn001 macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2002
    it depends on where you are. i know apple stores around the country where its only a couple day waiting list and hten you can just go in and pick one up. it all depends where you live. If you wanna order online it'll be a month

11. resm macrumors 6502

Feb 1, 2002
    MY new iMac in person :)

well....I got mine last friday and since I am on leave right now I have time to use it any time of the day and that's exactly what I do.
    I must agree with Beej.
    After all the adds on screen and paper it almost became bigger then life especially after such a long wait.
    And then...when you get lucky and get it or can at least play with it realize that its just what it's supposed to be...a COMPUTER !
    For me it is a computer that I ENJOY just to LOOK at and the ease of use and the practicality of the screen (I move it at least once per that with your normal monitor :) ) make's it even more enjoyable.
    There are flower vases that have the simple purpose of containing water to keep your flowers alive and then there are some who are so beautifull they become a piece of art.
    There are cars that simply bring you from A to B and then there are some that are so fantastic designed they also make your head turning.
    B&O was the first brand to have one of his stereo systems in a museum of art due to its design.

Apple has reached there with the iMac and it's very unique design.

I think the reason why Apple products are becoming more popular (that includes the iPod..iBook..TBook and to a certain degree the power Mac) is not only the quality of the products but....THEY LOOK SEXY !

And that's what makes you turn your head :)