The new iMac sucks!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by masp84, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors member

Well after the pre-order release today and seeing all the BTO options, I can completely say the new iMac SUCKS. Only thing interesting going on is the Fusion Drive. Aight they improved the screen 680 days after.. now take a look at this:

New iMac Benchmarks Show 10-25% Improvement Over Previous Generation

I'm not impressed by Apple moves, just disappointed big deal. the Mid-priced 27" BTO are outrageous. Basically you'll need to go top..
    Good luck breaking the bank if you're in for serious work and wanna get all the STANDARD features on today's computers.

DON'T BUY - If you need an iMac go for a refub 27" @ 3.4Ghz or a PC if you are mature enough to use Windows.

2. macrumors regular

It might suck for you, but not for others. So just wait until next year's update, and see if that appeals to you.

I am not buying one, but I have a 2010 iMac that's quite fast enough for my needs. I'm more interested in a retina iMac, so I'll wait for that.

But a lot of people out there might enjoy one of these new iMacs, so I don't think these new models "suck" at all.

3. macrumors 68030

Spink10

reread your post - its such foolishness. You and I both know you pay top dollar for the high spec'd apple hardware.

4. macrumors regular

I'm not so mature :mad:

5. macrumors 6502a

sooo... you're looking for agreement in a forum overrun by people that have been waiting on average 6 months for this update, and swarmed the Apple servers overnight. Good luck with that.

6. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

7. macrumors member

Seriously, what's the problem? Max out the 27" and stop whining? If you can't afford it then by all means build your own pc for half the price since you seems to be so mature.

8. macrumors newbie

lol at everyone willing to pay full price for 6 month old CPUs, and a hearty LOL to anyone willing to pay $1300 for the SSD!

$3098 for the top end 2011 imac is now $3897 for the same features (optical drive and applecare included), but you can't have a $100 hard drive with your $1300 SSD.

9. thread starter macrumors member

People are hypocrites, they buy Macs with bootcamp so wth? Win7x64 is a good OS, you just have to get over the prejudgment

10. macrumors 6502

I've been on the Internet since it's beginnings, and still don't understand what drivers a troll (AKA "a lower-than-average intelligence gifted individual who enjoys posting idiotic arguments on the Internet just to have fun having people yelling at him "idiot!").

11. macrumors member

Yeah cause $200 is soo much money! It's like TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS! AAARGH! I won't be able to eat for at least... a day!

Must be hard living in a 3rd world country.

12. macrumors 68030

forty2j

13. macrumors member

I am not sure what you were expecting. IB is the die shrink of SB - not a new micro-architecture - every other release is a new micro-architecture. The memory speeds increased to 1600 MHz - this helps the memory bandwidth a bit and is reflected in the slightly improved geekbench numbers. Graphics performance appears to have improved. The latest and greatest, especially from Apple, always commands a premium price. As you indicated, a refurbed system will be lower cost.

14. macrumors regular

"I've been on the Internet since it's beginnings, and still don't understand what drivers a troll (AKA "a lower-than-average intelligence gifted individual who enjoys posting idiotic arguments on the Internet just to have fun having people yelling at him "idiot!").'

Guerrilla marketing ?

15. macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Doesn't suck for me... Can't wait for it to arrive.
    Enjoy your day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.