The New Intel PowerBook Chip Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Apple!Freak, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

See, here it is. :)

Except it won't hit the market till next year.

[​IMG]

2. ajampam macrumors regular

ajampam

Hmmm....I thought that Yonah would be out next year, but didnt expect the first mactels to come with those....I would have very much preferred something of the Merom platform......

3. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I wonder (seriously: not trying to make any sort of joke here) if any Arab/Islamic Mac users will be ticked off that the new Intel notebook chips are made in Israel and have Israeli/Jewish names.

Any Arab/Islamic Mac users want to chime in? What do you think about this?

4. Man In Black macrumors member

Im Iranian....but im not religeous or political. So I dont care. :D

5. zami macrumors regular

What other chips are made in Israel?

I think it is a big mistake and a provocation. The whole market seems to be in american/israeli hands.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'm going to skip Yonah and wait for PBs w/ Merom. Its power consumption is much better.

7. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Well what should they do? The Intel lab in Israel is the company's most productive in the world. Israel is a very advanced, extremely well-educated nation. Frankly its the reason why I am partial to their cause...the whole rest of the east is such a wasteland of senseless killing and archaic mores.

8. osiris315 macrumors member

osiris315

That's a bit of a silly response!

A typical tunnel-visioned American response, who doesn't know or understand anything in the Middle-East further than what they can grasp off the TV.

Oh and Moors (not 'mores') were medieval Muslim inhabitants of Iberia and north Africa, not from Arabia.

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

10. Kushiro macrumors member

I do believe that savar meant 'mores' in the sense of 'social norms,' and not 'Moors' in the sense of 'the people of Northern Africa/Iberia.'

11. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

Please, get a better education before you rant...

Mores are strongly held social beliefs or taboos . The original poster was not referring to Moorish people. Next time you criticise someone else's general knowledge or understanding, you'd better make very sure of your own facts first.

Pot meet kettle, Stone, meet glass house.

As for American Tunnel vision, well, it could be said that there is also a lot of knee-jerk Anti American tunnel vision in Europe ;-)

Nice looking chip by the way ;)

12. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Lets try to keep this on topic :)

As for the image wow it cease to amaze me how small the processors are. I wonder how small a G5 chips is, unless the chip is that big part in the Powermac.

13. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

The market is in the hands of whoever was smart enough to become a market leader, I don't care who makes it, if a muslim country made an 8 core, 8Ghz, 5watt processor we'd all buy it and why would it be a provocation?

14. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Will it run OS X? :confused:

15. zami macrumors regular

Not true. The US would never permit what they consider to be a strategic resource to fall into the hands of their enemies. Look at the fuss about Iran and nuclear power while Israel has more nuclear warheads than the UK and France combined.

Will it have "Made in Israel" on the chip? Of course it won't and I wonder why.

16. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Oh, Noooo, I'm so sorry. It's the MOOPS. The correct answer
    is, The MOOPS.

17. lopresmb macrumors 6502

thats pretty cool, I can't wait to see what they put in the new macs, and if its the yonah, sweet. Even a current pentium M would be awesome, but a more powerful, lower consumption would be even better?

--also, is the Yonah aslo dual core, or will there be a dual core version of it?

18. belvdr macrumors 601

Who's the Bubble Boy, then? :D

19. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

THAT was funny!

I bet there's a bunch of folks here that have no idea what you're writing...

They must be OUT OF THE LOOP!!!!! ;)

20. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Looks good on the paper........but now give it to us so we can use it :p

21. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Nice pull! But, clearly, the poster you refer to just made a small typo. ;)

Back OT, nice looking chip. Can't wait to see how the new product lines compare to current PPC fare. I'm still hopeful for a MWSF announcement, with new InteliMac PB's shipping in March.

22. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Check this out:

http://www.intel.com/jobs/israel/sites/haifa.htm

Both the MMX Technology and Centrino were developed in Isreal. Yonah (Technicaly a Pentium M, in reality a glorified Pentium 3) is part of the Centrino technology. It might not be made in Isreal, but the all R&D took place there, that's for sure.

From what I know, no one gives a damn about this in arab countries. Everyone has Centrino laptops, and they love it. There isn't even a market for AMD there, no one knows about their processors. As for Apple over there, they're ridiculously expensive it isn't even funny.

Intel does a horrible job when it comes to releasing next-gen processors. As for as I remember, they've issued recalls for every single processor generation since the Pentium 1 when the processor was first released ( latest being the Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, over here http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25267 ) So be prepared to return your new shiny Intel Mac when you first get it. :(

I also don't want that stupid "Intel Inside" sticker on my next Powerbook :mad:

23. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

There is no possible way Jobs would allow that.

24. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

Were did you find that picture?

25. California macrumors 68040

California

Ohmgod, antiAmerican stuff on a Mac forum. (seems like an oxymoron -- Macs are American.) All we Yanks believe is we get off our tvs? Huh? From what I've seen of the BBC, it is pure propaganda, ala George Orwell, and they have been lately caught making up news. I never get news off the TV. And if I happen to hear it on the radio or TV, it's a rehash of what I already read on my own.

As for doing a constructive, productive thing by producing a moral Capitalistic invention of the new Intel chipped Mac PB, if that's a "provocation" to anti Semites around the world, I'm confused. A provocation would be, in my mind, blowing up the Tube. Inventions that push forward our culture and civilization are wonderful things, not "provocations".

There used to be a PLO training school in the old Soviet Union where Arafat got old time Leninist terrorist tactics taught to his people in order to fight "the Jews", called as I remember Patrice Lumbumba university. This sort of Orwellian "doubletalk" on the word "provocation" sounds like one of the first year's lessons at Patrice Lumbumba.