The new iPad, San Diego - Fashion Valley Mall

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by phantomsd, Mar 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Just wanted to start this thread for the Apple Store in Fashion Valley Mall.

2. macrumors member

Ill be there, since they are opening at 8am, anyone else got an Idea when we should do the inaugural line-up?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

phantomsd

For the 4S... there was a roped off area for the line but mall security didn't allow a line until 5 or 6am... so everyone just chilled in the parking lot.

4. macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I'm in line right now. Fifty or so other people here.

5. macrumors 6502a

And I guess we'll take the LACK of updates to this thread to indicate that fashion valley lines are moving quickly and everyone is too busy setting up their new ipads to post an update.

Looks like all the iHype didn't live up on this product release like it did the last iPhone.

6. macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

Utc

just came from the UTC store (approx 1pm San Diego time) and there was a small line still and they had a person giving you a card as you entered the line but she had TONS of cards. I would have picked one up but my online order status changed to "shipped" as I was talking to her. oh well, I'll get it tuesday...:eek:

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Apple probably made a *****load more iPads to meet customer demand plus there were pre-orders this time. Everybody wins. I've been seeing happy Facebook friends posting about their new retail bought iPads all day.:D

As for "not living up to the hype"... Doubt it. We'll have to see the numbers but I won't be surprised if Apple broke a iPad launch sales record.

I hope this shows that Apple is now fully capable of meeting demands for future product launches (primarily iPads and iPhones)... And we will see the end of long, cold nights in lines the night before!

8. macrumors 6502a

Interestingly I stopped by the store today and they have plenty of them in stock. Seems like apple ramped up production to meet the demand.

9. macrumors 65816

Velin

Hopefully the mini is released and there is enough supply. If not, don't bother coming here, my crew will be camping. Just like we bought out all the gold and silver iPhone 5s during launch, we will be snatching up the first iPad retina minis if there is a shortage.

10. macrumors 65816

Velin

Yep, apparently small supply for retina mini. Looks like we will be camping in San Diego again, buying up some supply, we need around 10 minis for the office.

Minis, and then sushi, or maybe cocktails downtown, don't know which yet.