The new iPod ad: don't fix what works

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, May 9, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68000

SPUY767

Thank you

Thank you for saying what I've been trying to get across for such a long time. Apple only needs to plant the seeds of iPod ownershp in someone's mind. After that, they will ask their friends, and word of mouth advertising takes over. Hell, most of the times, what does someone do when they want to buy something like an iPod, they say, "Hey James, what mp3 player should I get?" James replies, "I've got an iPod and I love it." Sold. Apple's marketing department is doing a fantastic job as far as iPods are concerned. Macs, on the other hand, need a little advertising. I do think that Apple has a huge marketing blitz in the works. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

3. macrumors 65816

James Philp

have you been talking to me?
    Do i know you?
    I have 4 ipods!

4. macrumors Core

yep, they work very well for now, but they wont always work, apple just has to remember to change it up eventually, and come on lets get some mac ads already!

5. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    I think this is all a clear indicator that they are still milking the Halo Effect™ ... Unless the PM or PB releases are going to blow the minds away, I doubt we'll see Mac commercials for a good while yet.

6. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I know several people that WON'T get an iPod because they are sick of these commercials.