the new ipods

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by daniel77, Nov 12, 2002.

1. daniel77 macrumors 6502

ok I really like the ipods and all and I am looking to buy an mp3 player (they seem like a really good deal. heres my problem. I only have pc's. not a prob right? wrong! i am running WIN98SE and my dad wont upgrade to XP so I cant even do the whole ipod for windows route. BUT! we have pretty recent imacs in our library (snow version crt models, with firewire according to lowendmac) and I am wondering if u think it is reasonable to use their computers for the regular version of the iPod? I would use a service like myplay.com to store my music online, download it to the iMac, put it on the ipod (the school has itunes i am almost 100% sure). so is it even plausible? i really want the ipod because coincidentally I got oer 300 bux for my birthday.

-daniel
    webmaster@thejokevault.com

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

sounds doable...wouldn't it be easier getting your dad to upgrade?

3. fox290 macrumors newbie

4. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

If you're running OSX on your mac, you can share the MP3 library to of from windows, only using the iMac as the conduit to the iPod.

5. daniel77 thread starter macrumors 6502

hey thanks I think that is what I need, to the guy who just said upgrade I tried to get my dad to go buy the upgrade and he refuses, "why do i need it. it'll wipe everything out. i dont need it!"... etc, etc,