The new NES?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Malus, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Malus macrumors 6502

I remember hearing about a company remaking the NES hardware since Nintendo's copyright was over 20 years on the original NES. Does anyone know what its called or have a website of it?? My girlfriend and I were playing my original nintendo last night and she was talking about how much she missed her since it broke a few years ago, and I might be getting this for her for Christmas, thanks guys!!

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Umm why not the Wii VC? But that doens't really have that many NES games available right now.

I think I know what you're talkin about, it was called like the NEX or sumthin'. I rememeber seeing it a while ago, but haven't heard anything about it since.

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

4. Malus thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the wii right now, and let me tell you how long it took me to get it lol...and she doesn't really like the 3d type games, more of an old school gamer.

Thanks for your responses, I did stumble upon it on ebay for 50 bucks...but she is worth that and much more!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

NEX was scrapped through legal reasons wasn't it? And had hardware problems?

6. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

So if you have the Wii already, why not just buy some NES games through the Virtual Console, like SamIchi said? There's not a lot right now, but the original Zelda could keep her going until they add more to the library. ;)

7. Malus thread starter macrumors 6502

She doesn't live with me...lol, I forgot to mention that I guess hehe. When I said we were playing NES yesterday night I really mean THE NES, lol...not a nes game on the wii. She didn't seem so excited for the wii as I was haha. In time though. In time.

I see a lot of original nintendo NES's on ebay for sorta cheap, I might just get one of those if the NEX has some hardware issues.

8. Placeholder macrumors member

Placeholder

Here's something that ought to do the trick:
    http://store.videogamecentral.com/fctwin.html

It plays SNES and NES games - not bad for $60 (although I'd really reccomend you just find an old NES system - that hardware lasts).

9. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

$59.99 for that????? They're selling second hand NES games for $19.99 - $29.99 too, what a bargain!

10. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

11. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Ok, that thing can't be real. It says "no blowing on cartridges" and that just breaks the laws of physics.