The New Powerbook.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by markiv810, Jan 7, 2003.

1. markiv810 macrumors regular

Apple has again reinvented the Computer wiith the new 17 inch monitor. I have a pentium 4 laptop, and I can tell, u it really sucks. Mobile Chpis are very slow, but when it comes to Apple laptop power, it's more than Pentium Desktop power.

All of u Windows users needs to switch.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

It sure looks like it will replace the desktop, I myself am considering getting a notebook now, to replace my ibook, I'll wait for the next revision though of the 12 or 17inch, hoping it will be a 17 , but anything can happen.

3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I really like the new PowerBook. I used to be a PC user, and it seemed like I was always having trouble out of it. I am very happy with my Mac.

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I'm really glad you guys like the new 17" but this is the Software Rumors section and this thread should probably be in either the General Mac or Community section.....
    On the topic though, Jobs basically did state that laptops are the future (at least as far as Apple Co. is concerned) so I'm sure that we will be seeing a lot more innovation in the laptop field, not that Apple was lacking before but it looks like laptops will be a top priority now rather than desktops.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the two machines i am using right now are laptops and i love small portable computers

but for business and for the general masses, at least right now, the imac should be the main focus of apple since it can satisfy the vast majority of us mac users and people who would like to switch to mac

things like xserve and the 17" inch powerbook are great, but not needed by the everyday computer user, the one and same that holds the future of apple in their pocketbooks/wallets