Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

niter

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I am in the process of getting a new ibook, and I was wonder in this jump of mine further into Apple what program can I use to replace Microsoft Publisher. I need to design and print out my wedding invites!

Is the Print Shop that is advertised at the Apple Store good? I assume it does the same things as Publisher. Basically, I want a relatively low cost program that can do the same type of things as Publisher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Well, I am pleased with Print Shop. I use it a lot to make business cards, etc. I think that it will do what you need it to do, but I can't compare it to the program you use now, because I have never used it.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
How old is Print Shop? I remember using [the same app? something else with the same name?] on the Apple ][.

mwjd299

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2003
Santa Maria, CA
I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased an iMac and would like something to replace MS Publisher. I thought Publisher was the best program M$ ever offered. I liked it's ease of use and all of the things you could do, even build web pages and convert them to HTML code. I am also looking at the new version of Print Shop.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Print Shop

Used to love that old Print Shop on the Apple II's. Could make some nice banners that got oohs and ahs from non-Apple owners. (Of course, standards have gone up quite a bit since.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.