The new Print Shop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by niter, Nov 23, 2003.

1. niter macrumors 6502

I am in the process of getting a new ibook, and I was wonder in this jump of mine further into Apple what program can I use to replace Microsoft Publisher. I need to design and print out my wedding invites!

Is the Print Shop that is advertised at the Apple Store good? I assume it does the same things as Publisher. Basically, I want a relatively low cost program that can do the same type of things as Publisher.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Well, I am pleased with Print Shop. I use it a lot to make business cards, etc. I think that it will do what you need it to do, but I can't compare it to the program you use now, because I have never used it.

3. Tim Flynn macrumors regular

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

How old is Print Shop? I remember using [the same app? something else with the same name?] on the Apple ][.

5. mwjd299 macrumors regular

I was wondering the same thing. I just purchased an iMac and would like something to replace MS Publisher. I thought Publisher was the best program M$ ever offered. I liked it's ease of use and all of the things you could do, even build web pages and convert them to HTML code. I am also looking at the new version of Print Shop.

6. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

Print Shop

Used to love that old Print Shop on the Apple II's. Could make some nice banners that got oohs and ahs from non-Apple owners. (Of course, standards have gone up quite a bit since.)