The NEW TiBook!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Titanium667, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Titanium667 macrumors newbie

Here it is! The NEW 1 Ghz TiBook.
    It's Smokin' !!! (Literally!)[​IMG]

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

that's just bad...not bad as in mad...but bad as in real bad...

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Re: The NEW TiBook!

I just have three letters in my mind . . . WTF!

That looks more like one of the black and silver DELL Craptops with a handle.

When I compare that thing to the powerbook G4s (even the Firewire PBG3s) that thing looks ugly! Why would Apple ever come out with something like that?

So, Titanium667, you registered to make a name for yourself, and in your first post...you blew it. :) That just looks so much like a PC. It's wierd...

That looks so much like a Photoshop job to me. If that thing is round, then the Apple logo wouldn't appear so straight and unbent with the case.

On the upside, nice creativity.

But this just wouldn't work for Apple.

4. Titanium667 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's just a JOKE, it's supposed to be funny!!!!!!

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

It is funny, Ti667.

Just be careful not to confuse what looks like a resemblance of a PC notebook with something Apple might come out with.

I can already see you siding up with krossfyter from about a month ago, when k-fyter started attaching images of Apple products (especially the iPod) in a Pink Theme! fyter was indeed joking around; he has a sense of humor. So do you.

If you want to be welcomed by a joke, then let me say this so I can post this:

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Looks like a toaster man!

That would be good, a computer that can do all what a computer do and else... it can warm up your food at the office.

Can you imagine to run a toaster with the Ti batteries? Imagine to be in a bus and eat a sandich (I can't spell that).

The other thing that woul be interesting is to create an upgrade for the Cube to make it work as a blender!

7. TypeR389 macrumors member

In case you havn't seen this...WAY TO FUNNY!

http://www.handyscripts.co.uk/trubador_egg.htm

for all of those people who think their pc are pretty hot...they are right!

8. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

KC & others, this is a joke... an Apple waffle iron that makes fun of how hot the TiBook gets. :p

Chill! (<--- Another joke :))

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

you know your handle, tibook667?

well, some thought that by now, that could change...but the way things have not followed the rumors on this tibook thing makes me think that either apple has a complete re-design of the tibook, a dual g4 tibook, or a faster than 1 ghz tibook for next january

but nothing seems to be coming soon except for just speed bumps from what a lot of people here and elsewhere think

its sad how apple has not kept the pace as the pc world and more and more, the g5, will not be an added plus in the lineup, but a necessity to keep apple from going out of business

i don't mind a slow mac since i don't do anything that requires it, but i am wondering what all those video people are doing since the best that is out there seems to underwhelm them where things are at right now in the stage of apple inc's evolution

when i found out that a lot of pro movie houses use custom or pc related gear for their movie making, it made me wonder what happened to apple's cutting edge in multimedia

suddenly, pcs don't seem like a stupid idea for many of the up and coming digital artists i see in the schools...i remember at one time when multimedia and macintosh were the same word

10. TypeR389 macrumors member

Maybe it comes down to effeciency? I know the pre Apollo G4's can generate some heat, but can you make breakfast with the heat of a G4 while working? You can stay in the office(or wherever you work) and never have to leave to cook, as long as you have a small fridge nearby :p

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha ha...

I'm sorry...but that's really ugly...

looks like a cross between a George Foreman Grill & a waffle maker... :eek: :p ;) :eek:

12. bonehead macrumors regular

jefhatfield

While it's true that PCs have made inroads into film making, the Mac is still the primary platform for editing. When Avid announced a couple of years ago that they were moving to NT, many of their customers expressed their displeasure (I was one of them). They quickly recanted and sent letters to all the owners assuring them of their commitment to the Mac platform and since then have made sure there is parity (with a few exceptions) between the two platforms. I haven't met any editor that uses the PC version of Media/Film Composer but I know they are out there. Furthermore, most of the editors are very excited about Final Cut Pro. It has been featured and discussed in both the Editor's Guild and CinemaEditor magazines numerous times.

One area where PCs have a foothold is visual effects.A bunch of P4s in a rack is a cheaper render farm than another Onyx or for that matter a rack of G4s. Hopefully OS X and its Unix underpinnings will offer a Mac solution to these people.

13. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hey, welcome to macrumors titanium667. i'm glad to hear that you were just joking, but that picture isn't that funny. if you do find something that is funny, don't hesitate to post it.

14. Hypatia macrumors newbie

If you need a job why not Photoshop us a picture of a really beautiful fake Tibook instead of a really depressingly crap one.
    Then maybe someone will be so impressed they'll give you a job. (Not me though):rolleyes:

15. vitruvius macrumors regular

hey

Hey,
    can it "toast" a CD and DVD simultaneously? :D

--------

-is it the new powerbook G4?
    *yesss...
    -can i see it?
    *no.. its mine... mine..my precious...

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Could not agree more, everyone just calm down...it was just a joke :D
    Welcome to the forums Titanium667!

17. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Pcheese has pushed Macs out of the video editing realm, but~

I put to gether a lot of computers for video editing.
    I have to say that when I try to order video editing cards for Mac's from the dozen or so internet shop that I buy from. They all favor Pcheese!
    There are many types of boards for the Pcheese and from what I have been dealing with so far, there is the RTMac for the Mac.
    And that unit is more expensive than its Pcheese counterpart, by hundreds of dollars!
    Infact its not worth the money because any realtime effects that the board allows are already created by FinalCut!
    Infact the many sales people that I speak with are constantly telling me that Macs are done in the video editing world. Finito! DONE!

But I for one know from my own experience of trying to mac Pcheese units works with video boards thats this must be bad information to some degree.
    Because getting a pcheese computer to work properly with a video board is a feat that I sometimes liken to one of hercules great feats!

Can anyone steer me to a Mac video board that I may be unaware of>?
    Puhlease!

18. swahilibill macrumors 6502

I think its a grill

That freak took a grill and put an apple logo on it. good one man, u really are the long lost designer. Go get a job!

19. King Cobra macrumors 603

All right. Too many people are being too cruel to someone who just started posting here.

We all made our little comments . . . Drop it already!

I even settled down on my second post to this little senario and welcomed Ti667.

Just to Ti667, it is nice to see that someone else has joined the forum and has a sense of humor. But if you can't use it appropriately, do not use it at all.

It is better to say nothing, rather than to post nonsense.

It is better to work on OS X rather than try and live with problems on a PC...you guys get the picture.

Just try and find another way to use your humor, Ti667. I know I am trying to play moderator here, but at least I am trying to earn free posts and agree with whatever issues that come around. :) That right there is practical humor.

Let me just finish off by saying that NOBODY gets it perfectly right on the first try. For every attempt at something there is usually improvement. So let's give Ti667 a second chance.

Any time is a great time for iPod.

20. Titanium667 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for going easy on me! The pic is actually a George Foreman grill with an apple logo on it. I happen to own the grill and a TiBook. Sometimes when I do processor intensive tasks on the TiBook it can get really warm! My thought was that if my 667 Powerbook gets that warm could you imagine how hot a 1 Ghz G4 processor could get in the present TiBook chassis? Maybe I just have too much time on my hands!!!

21. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Next time you put something on, if anyone gives you any grief, tell them they can lick your *ss for all you care. Bunch of people with no senses of humor.

I thought it was cute and humorous. Welcome to our little club.

22. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Amen! It was obvious (to anyone with a clue) exactly what it was.. it wasn't an attempt to fool or mislead anyone.. where did all the humourless gits come from? *I* thought it was quite clever.

23. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

dude...I don't care what anyone else says...

it's still butt ugly! :eek: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: