The new Universal Dock with IR

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by p0intblank, Oct 18, 2005.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I was thinking last night while going to sleep with iTunes playing in the background. Could I control my iTunes on my PowerBook G4 with the new Universal Dock using the IR receiver? I doubt the answer will be a yes, but it is worth a shot. This would be awesome so I don't have to get out of bed to change songs. :p

Thanks!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Nup, but I reckon an IR enabled Airport Express would be cool. I've posted my ideas in the thread about the remote being IR only.

Basically, you plug your APX into your TV and then your Mac recognises it and starts sending video signals with Front Row as the interface. It requires your APx to be in line of sight but you would use your remote to control not only music but video, DVD's and photo slide shows on your TV. How sweet would that be?

3. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

You could always get Griffin's AirClick...it doesn't have FrontRow compatibility (yet) so you can't choose songs, but you can basically do everything an iPod shuffle can in terms of controls. It also controls iPhoto, DVD Player, PowerPoint and more. Plus, it's RF instead of IR.

4. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

That's really cool! I've heard of the AirClick before, but never actually read about it until now. I'm really interested in the USB version for my music listening at nighttime. Hmmm... thanks! :D