the next generation ipod mini

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rockandrepublic, Jun 27, 2004.

1. rockandrepublic macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2004
    when do you guys think the next ipod mini will come out? i'm getting mixed signals...

1) the ipod mini is back ordered at apple (something like 4 weeks, i think) and is not readily available everywhere.
    2) it seems logical that the big ipods may get an update before the mini ones do.

1) the mac rumors buyer's guide says "don't buy--updates soon", but i'm not sure if this is in regards to all ipods or only the big ones.
    2) however, the ipod mini was introduced in january and that was 174 days ago, compared to the average 161 days in between updates.
    3) there are the new seagate 2.5 and 5 gb hard drives are out.
    4) could they be waiting for the international release and just bring out new ipod minis for everyone at that time?

you see, i want to buy an ipod mini soon. i want a mini over a regular sized one because of the scroll wheel and because the casing is less easy to scratch. do you guys think that the next regular ipod update will include a new form factor? and when do you think a new form factor ipod will come out? possibly at wwdc 2004?
  2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Good god man! How impatient can you be? :p

Just wait a couple of hours and you will know. ;)
  3. netytan macrumors 6502

May 23, 2004
    Patients isnt a common trate really ;). There are an odd few who have it, but these people tend to be boring and wouldn't know either passion or desire if it bit/nibbled them on the inside of the leg early one morning lol.

In any case, there are a lot of people saying, just wait a few hours lol. Not so easy! Especially us newbies who dont know where to look, care to enlighten us as to where we can find the latest breaking news from WWDC when it gets under way in a few short hours?

The excitment,

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod