iPad The next iPad..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ay_Zimmy, Jun 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Ok, so as we know the iPad still has its original casing with about an inch thick banner around it. As assumed, they will be changing it to more of the iPad Mini's style, very close to the edges.. That being said, do you guys think that the screen will become larger to fill in the space or the actual iPad will become smaller? I feel like the next iPad will have a bigger screen to maximize the size of the screen while keeping the same body size, this way it separates itself even more from the Mini. What do you guys think?

2. macrumors 6502a

Based on leaks, the next iPad will have the same sized screen with a much smaller bezel.

In the future, Apple could release an iPad with a 11-12" screen that is similar in size to the current iPad. However, we are unlikely to see such a product this year.

3. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

No they won't make the screen bigger any time soon. Technically the iPad is still a new device as it has been released in the past 3 or so years, granted that is a LONG time in the tech world. It took the iPhone like 5 years just to get a .5 inch update.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors G3

Technically it has a thicker version of the iPad 2 case.

6. macrumors regular

I'm counting on the bezel getting smaller. I'm returning my ipad mini because it just is too small. It was actually starting to hurt my eyes. An ipad with the ipad mini bezel design might be the perfect tablet. Can't wait till the fall.

7. macrumors 68000

TyPod

This. Seems to make the most sense. I couldn't see a bigger screen coming for a couple more iPad revisions.

8. macrumors 65816

The screen size feels just right. The current device size is fine, but an iPad mini style bezel will be a nice improvement.

9. macrumors 65832

SR45