The Night Shift

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ToddW, Aug 13, 2006.

1. ToddW macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
    Well, I've started the graveyard shift tonight. I just showed up to work. It is only temporary right now. Not really sure how it is going to work out. Just wondering if anyone has any fun stories about interesting people or things that happen on night shift.
  2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    Don't know too much about working the night shift, but read somewhere that night shift workers have lower life spans due to the fact they work during the night and it's biological unhealthy. :eek:
  3. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i'm sure that's exactly what the OP wanted to hear! :rolleyes:
  4. starcrossed macrumors regular

May 3, 2003
    San Antonio,TX
    I see that biologically unhealthy thing a bit. I just recently started a new job working in a Semiconductor Fab, which I go in 6p to 6a, 3 days one week and 4 the other week. And my body is still really confused, on when I should sleep and not sleep, and when to eat and not. The worst of it is the days I don't work and want to enjoy a normal day like everyone else but my body wants to sleep during the day and wake up at night. But the pay and benefits were great so it was good trade off I guess. But for ToddW at least its temporary for you, and hopefully you have a good transition during that period.
  5. ToddW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 26, 2004
  6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    You should finish off your fantastic post with, "Um....anyway, good luck."