The off-season NFL thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

As I write this, free agency is going on, and my team -- the unfortunate Cleveland Browns -- has just made some great acquisitions. They've picked up 2-time Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley (acquired from the Saints); left tackle Kevin Schaffer (acquired from the Falcons); punter Dave Zastudil (from the Ravens) and receiver Joe Jurevicius (from the Seahawks).

They've definitely upgraded themselves at all four positions...and they haven't even touched the defense yet.

And they're even talking (ohpleaseohpleaseohplease) about LaVar Arrington.

I couldn't believe it when I opened the paper this morning. We're finally getting some real players on this team. :)

How'zit in your neck of the woods? Are your teams doing anything interesting?

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Not my neck of the woods, but the Cardinals signed Edgerin James. A huge signing for them. Colts will miss James.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    So glad that the extension to the CBA got worked out.

The Niners are down to no receivers after trading Lloyd to the Redskins where he should have a good year - he could make amazing catches.

Curious to see where Brees will end up... Miami looks most likely but I'm surprised the Lions didn't make more of a run at him.

4. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Feh. I'm a Jets fan, it's always off season for us.

5. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, like the 49ers can really afford to lose receivers... :rolleyes:

6. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping Brees ends up in Minnesota, and Culpepper anywhere but there.

The Edge going to the Cards makes me almost want to go watch a game in their state of the art new temple.....but then again its still the Cards.

7. mrwildguitar macrumors regular

mrwildguitar

The Ravens better be making some good changes soon. They got Trevor Pryce, which is ok.

But the Browns getting Maake Kemoeatu is kinda sad, as me being an avid hater of the Browns.

8. emaja macrumors 68000

Isn't Arizona the place where NFL talent goes to die? (Not that my Bears are any better, mind you.)

I think he will be aweful in Arizona. I know there is a ton of talent at WR there, but I just do not trust Warner to be anything but bad.

I am sure that Green will find a way to screw him up and make sure that he just plain stinks.

9. mrwildguitar macrumors regular

mrwildguitar

Oh man, that made my day, but with some truth to it.

True, Kurt Warner hasn't done a lot of good there, but we'll have to wait and see if Edge can do some good.