The Official™ Hells Kitchen Thread...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Jun 25, 2006.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I personally hate reality TV, but I love Chef Gordon Ramsay and this show...he makes Simon Cowles from American Idol look like an amatuer...Mondays on FOX at 9 EST.

Anyone else been watching this? Discuss...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      50.3 KB
      Views:
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I am in LOVE with this show

I like last season more, though.. Girls v. Boys is kinda cheesey...
    even though the women are WHOOPING the men.
    :D

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Yeah, but I do not think the mesn versus women thing will last much longer, as the men are down to three, right?

I wish they would get rid of Tom. I hate that guy.

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      14.6 KB
      Views:
  4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Somebody will hit that dude with a golden frying pan soon.....always making noise.
    Bless

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I personally hate that chef. To me he doesn't have the street cred to be yelling at people like that. Now if it were Emeril or Wolfgang Puck I could respect it more. Maybe it is just because I have never heard of Ramsey before that show.

I love Iron Chef though:D

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

That's the joy of it. :D

7. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i like the show, pretty entertaining. i liked last year better, like katie ta achoo said, boys vs. girls is kinda cheesey. i like seeing the boys lose and get all mad though.

8. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Oo, and when the prison one said "have dinner on the table!!" to the girl and she went off... hoo hoo!

Then one of the men said "I'm not being sexist, but women are biologically better at laundry"
    WHATTT???????

Hehe. Men can be morons. :)

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I couldn't take that guy yelling at me....I would cook the food then throw it in his face...please don't let me have hot fat in hand.

Bless

10. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

yea, those guys talk alot crap. they dont do much, if anything in the kitchen, though. they're giving us guys a bad name with their trash-talking and terrible cooking.

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Possibly. He's got 3 Michelin Stars though so he's probably a better chef than them even if less well known in the US (so far!) I like him; although he screams a lot, he does come across as being pretty genuine and his 'real' staff appear to be very loyal towards him and vice versa.

12. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

With his fondness for yelling and delight in abusing others, Ramsay should do some volunteer work at a place where he would fit in so well ... Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, South Carolina.

3:30 a.m. "Listen up, you worthless maggots! This isn't your Mommy's barracks ... get your sorry asses out of bed within 15 seconds because it's time to begin the painful process of teaching some of you how to make decent food for the rest of the marines here. Move it, move it! Will there be a need for me to become even less charming before I see some real progress here?"

13. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I'm not sure whether you've had it over there in the US, but he has another show called 'Kitchen Nightmares' where he goes into failing restaurants and tries to turn them around (which generally involves a lot of shouting and swearing), which is a much better show. You can really see why he is so successful - he manages teams of people very well, and although he can come across as harsh, he is also very fair, which as Applespider says, inspires a lot of loyalty and respect.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Whoa, good ol Gordon made it to America :) he was an old friend of the family surprised he has friends?) way back when. it's a very strange connection, but my godfather is a pretty rich business guy and had Gordon and his staff doing the catering. top guy. you guys better treat him right :p

15. mpw Guest

I saw a little of the US show's last season and either Ramsey tones it down or the US show has more of his swearing etc edited out. The US show is also more gameshow and less food show than the UK version.

As well as Kitchen Nightmares, mention above, he's also got a show called The F Word (F for 'food'). Which shows he really does know his stuff and, perhaps more importantly, cares about his cooking.

16. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

He may be arrogant, but it's kind of forgivably because - unlike most TV chefs - he really is a great chef. This man has seven Michelin Stars, including three for just one restaurant (one of only 3 restaurants in the UK with this accolade). His spiky persona is really just the down-to-business attitude of a proper working chef.

He does a great programme in the UK where he goes in and troubleshoots failing restaurants. Part business programme, part cookery programme, part reality programme, and fantastic entertainment :)

EDIT: Kernow already mentioned Kitchen Nightmares. Great show!

17. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

18. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Did anyone watch Top Chef on Bravo? I'll have to give Hell's Kitchen a gander, but Top Chef was pretty good I thought.

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i got into this show kinda late in the last season, and just saw last week's episode of this season, but i plan on watching it any time i remember. it's a pretty entertaining gimmick.

i love how the guy tom is a heavy, slow moving, overall turd of a guy. he kinda reminds me of my uncle, who also was a chef... :eek:

20. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

It was really funy last week - Tom (who I cannot wait to get voted off, but I doubt he will - his character is too good) was all leaning over and said "May I speak?"

Ramsay just glared at him and then mocked him for the slovenly beast he is. :D

I loves me some Ramsay.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ramsay certainly makes the show.

tom is great for exactly that reason. i tend to find people who seems sort of... "dumpy"... appealing. the problem with him is that he doesn't seem to be a great cook. hah. i like it when someone basically says "**** you" i don't need to be a model to be a good cook. but..

what's up with the girls going on the boat and basically showing off their fake boobs?

ps. this show (and all others) will never match "my big fat obnoxious boss"

22. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

That was hilarious - there was some fake boobage going on there....:D

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

what was hilarious? the fake boobs or my big fat obnoxious boss?

please tell me you saw that.....

24. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I have not seen that show. :(

25. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

well i don't want to hijack the thread... so if you need something to entertain you while you "work" during the day, i can mail you a dvd of the episodes... do you at least know the premise? it was freaking awesome, assuming you like cocky people being embarrassed on national TV. ;)