The official "2005 Open" British style thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Bibulous, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Tiger Woods won the 2005 British Open today, his 10th major. Little surprised their is/was no thread about the Open.

I am not a big fan of Woods, but you can't help but be amazed by his game. Is golf not a big game among the mac rumors members?

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i definitely enjoy watching and playing golf. though i do think it's relatively unpopular among the people here. i was only able to watch it on sunday, but tiger was simply calm and determined, unwavering. nothing flashy, but nothing bad either. i wonder, if he wins the pga do you think he'll be regretting even more his slight collapse at the us open?

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't know... two tiger slams could be pretty nice, too. It could happen -- British, PGA, Masters, then finish with the US Open.

I didn't get to see much of the Open, but it sounds like Tiger was pretty dominant. Impressive!

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I was considering starting a thread as I enjoyed watching the final round yesterday. Tiger's definitely amazing...the top three were within three strokes in the second half of the course, but Tiger made his plays and the others didn't.

I wouldn't consider the US Open a collapse...he did well and Campbell did better. Starting the final round with a lead and dropping six strokes is a collapse.