The official "Didn't get Tiger on the 29th" Thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iGary, Apr 29, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Well, here's where I am as of 7:46 EST:

Apr 28, 2005
    11:39 pm
    Left FedEx Ramp
    MIDDLETOWN PA*

If I don't get it today, I'm headed for Clarendon tonight to pick it up. I'll be the dork with the green PodBrix 1000 shirt if any other Macrumors members are going. ;)

2. Sox macrumors regular

Mine got shipped from Middletown, PA to Memphis, TN last night. It is now awaiting distribution, with a delivery date of May 2nd. I live in PA.

Riddle me that.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It's still a bit early to conclude, but at 13:56 local time (1:36PM) it doesn't look like I'll get mine before the weekend, even if it has shipped... :(

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I prefer just to pick up a copy at a local reseller. You can usually reserve one ahead of time, and it'll be ready on the same day. I hate waiting. The expense of freight, handling and processing is unnecessary in this day and age. But if you live in a remote location, I'd say Bittorrent could be your friend. Can you tell I'm for electronic distribution?

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

IT'S OUTRAGEOUS, MINE'S NOT HERE.....

Oh wait....

I didn't order it.

Not going to till ProTools runs and they get to about 10.4.1, I have too much going on to risk losing a month to bad drivers for hardware or unstable apps.

I've got it running on an iMac at work, but it's not going anywhere near the powerBook till everything runs perfectly.

6. dirtymatt macrumors member

I've gotten the "We're sorry but we screwed up" e-mail, like so many other people in the Mid-Atlantic region who also ordered Tiger on the 12th. Right now I'm waiting a bit before I call Apple to complain.

7. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Well the local depot is here in Crofton. I'm hoping it made its way from PA to Crofton last night and just hasn't posted yet. The FedEx guy is gonna get attacked when he comes into our complex. :D

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I can't understand the fuss that people are making about this. Who actually NEEDS Tiger today?

I'm also tired of hearing the moaning and whining from early adopters who never backed anything up that have torrented Tiger saying it's broken this or that....

Mine's pre-ordered. It'll get here when it does... it's not going anywhere near my work partitions until it's thoroughly tested with a bunch of apps.

Never rely on point zero of anything.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

well, I just picked mine up. I just got back from a trip to NZ (great place) and I grabbed a pre-ordered copy from my local Apple reseller (who by the way, was having the worst excuse for a Tiger party ever, most of the people in the shop probably still don't know it even exists :rolleyes: ). It's much much better than I expected. Safari is flamingly fast! :D And Spotlight (which is currently indexing my iPod :confused: ) is great too.

I hope everyone manages to get their copies today too. :)

10. dirtymatt macrumors member

I don't NEED it today, but Apple made a promise that if you ordered by the 26th you would have it on the 29th. Now it looks like they are not going to fulfill that promise. It's bad business plain and simple.

11. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

"Need" might be too strong a word, but it would be nice to use the weekend to backup, install and check out... first on my iBook, then when I'm sure everything works properly, on my girlfriends Pismo (which she also uses for work). :)

12. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Heh. I NEED my daily dosage of teh "ripple" effect or I go through painful withdrawals.

13. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

I'm pissed now. email stating delays. I will never preorder anything from apple again. if they promise something and can't deliver like this then screw 'em. see the thing that pisses me off is that there seem to be people who ordered AFTER i did and are recieving theirs, while i ordered the first day it was available and mine is delayed. now what's up with this "preparing shipment" which sounds like they HAVE it but aren't sending it? It's been in preparing shipment for about 5 days now. I'm calling and complaining after i wake up a bit. and from there i may decide to cancel my order and just go with a stolen copy, at least THEY can deliver.

14. The Past macrumors 6502

I feel bad for the pre-order folks. Sorry! But, look at is this way. If it did reach you, you would have skipped going to see*"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on opening night. :)

15. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I agree with you, but....

Don't run a marketing campaign promising delivery on the launch date and don't come through.

I would have just as easily gone to the store and gotten it. This would have saved me a trip. That's all.

I still love you, don't worry. :p :D

16. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

you know why i wanted it? because if it does show up i won't be able to install it until the following weekend, or depending on when it shows up next weekend i may not be able to install it until the FOLLOWING weekend. my schedule doesn't actually permit me to just install it anytime. It worked out great because this weekend i'm between spring and summer classes, now when i get it i'm actually in class for the spring. which means i can't afford to screw it up on monday through thursday for a lot of my notes and my programming stuff. i'm pissed because they promised and didn't deliver like they said they would. as a first time Mac OS buyer i'm pissed at this one. it's a load of crap and you know it.

17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Boohoo. So what's a week?
    It's not going to stop you from using your Mac in the meantime.

18. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok look. we're not all like you ok? some of us have been looking forward to this for a long time. with that said, you can take your "oh well" attitude and shove it right now. the rest of us are pissed off, if you came in here just to belittle the people who are pissed off that they aren't getting what they were promised and had high hopes of GETTING today due to that promise then you need to go once again insert your head into well you know a tight tiny space on your backside. We're pissed and it's a legitimate pissed. my schedule isn't exactly permitting anymore. I work 3 days a week and goto college the other 4 days. i may not have time for it. i'm pissed because i've been LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS FOR A LONG TIME. and a promise hasn't been delivered. go blow your smoke up someone elses rear end.

19. denm316 macrumors 6502

I agree, no one "needs" it today. The problem is Apple as a company, they just never ship when promised. My PowerMac...delayed, My PowerBook...delayed and now Tiger...delayed. Apple should really start caring about customers who buy computers and software and not just iPods.

20. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Amazon has been "Preparing to ship" for a day now.

"Ships on the 28th" my ass.

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

*chuckle*

Calm down, little guy.

22. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

yea i hear ya. apple store is "Preparing shipment" for 5 days for me. not shipped and i get an email saying it's "delayed."

and to think i had access to the stolen copy running around and said forget it i'll just wait until it arrives on FRIDAY and install it then. guess maybe i should've snagged that illegal copy eh?

23. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

LOL :D

24. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, you just had to twist the knife another turn in my already very painful wound, didn't you...? Hitchhiker's Guide doesn't premiere in Norway until JULY 29th... :mad: ... ;)

I do hope my Tiger arrives before I get to see HHGTTG... ;)

25. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Well, here's where I am as of 9:06 EST:

Apr 28, 2005
    11:39 pm
    Left FedEx Ramp
    MIDDLETOWN PA*

Looks like I'm going to Clarendon tonight.