The Official "I'm waiting for my new PowerBook or PowerMac to arrive" thread

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Nereus, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Nereus macrumors member

I ordered my new 15" PB directly after Wednesday's announcements and the status says "shipped". When checking the TNT tracking site it says:

21 okt 2005 23:21 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot
    21 okt 2005 19:18 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
    21 okt 2005 19:18 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

When do you think I can expect it? Anybody's order being processed yet?

2. WRXHokie macrumors regular

WRXHokie

The Fed Ex tracker should have a expected delivery date. Most of the time thats pretty accurate.

3. Bear macrumors G3

*PSSST* It's not Fedex - it's TNT. And from what I've read in the forums here, TNT doesn't have reliable updates on that.

4. whitetrashanth macrumors member

igot long times ,...4 weeks or so,.. woooops

latest delivery date APARENTLY...1st DECEMBER!!

4GB 2.5 GUAD powermac with 23" HD display...

got long times yet,.. but will update as soon as! :)

5. Bear macrumors G3

Look again, that's a ship by date, not a delivered by date. So depending on where you live and what shipping option you selected, you'l get your machine up to a week after it ships.

And of course when Apple has a 3-4 week leadtime on a new model, it could ship anywhere from the 3 week mark to the 7 or so week mark.

6. whitetrashanth macrumors member

well see i suppose,..

either way i have to wait,.. i was debating on the 2.3 so i could have it quciker,.. but in all fairness,.. it would have been stupid just cause of that inpatient streak i have,.. but realised of doing things properly finally came through,..

7. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Ordered my 15" PB yesterday

(October 21st) and when I checked the order status this afternoon I was pleased to see that it is at the "preparing for shipping" stage. Although it says on there that the estimated shipping date is 10/26, I'm betting that it will be much sooner than that. I hope so, anyway!

OTB

8. generik macrumors 601

generik

9. Bear macrumors G3

What do you expect?

I'll give you a hint. The odds of a PowerKMac update then is none.
    A PowerBook update would also be slim.

Keep waiting, you'll save money that way. But of course, you won't have a new computer.

10. ksz macrumors 68000

I'm waiting for MWSF also, but for the following reasons:

1. I'm overseas on a business trip; won't be back until December so no need to order the new PM yet. There's a 3-4 week wait anyway.

2. In December I'll be busy with holiday travel and holiday expenses.

3. So that puts us in January. By then I expect the nVidia 7800GT to be available as a BTO option, I expect the PMs to be shipping in quantity, and I expect iLife '06 to come pre-installed.

11. Alone2Gether macrumors regular

Mine's in Shanghai right now with a expected delivery date of Oct. 26th via FedEx. Can't Wait!

12. WRXHokie macrumors regular

WRXHokie

Sucks you dont live in the USA... otherwise you'd get it sooner.

13. generik macrumors 601

generik

Are you Steve Jobs? :D

Anyway if the 7448 didn't make it into the PB for penny pinching reasons, and not to give Apple more headroom for expansion in the coming months, let's just say I'm not even interested in doing business with them:mad:

14. Nereus thread starter macrumors member

My Apple Order status just changed to: "Tendered for Delivery", STOCKHOLM, ST, SE 23 Oct 2005 22:22, while it on the TNT tracking site says: "24 okt 2005 00:22 Stockholm Onforwarded For Delivery". What does that mean? Is it in Stockholm tonight, or will it be soon? I'm kind of confused. One more thing, when they do deliver my package, will they give me a notice or something that they are on their way? I've only recieved one e-mail from Apple; an order confirmation, but no shipping notice or something. Is this normal?

15. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm going to my local Apple Store but im kind of waiting(im just have to get over there:) ) Well the 17'' im getting will be a gift for xMas so no real rush

16. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

I'm waiting for the money to buy a powerbook. When the 12" gets these:
    *Better Graphics card -128MB
    *512MB ram on board
    *Firewire 800

So yeah, I'm waiting for my new powerbook to arrive ;)

17. tekmoe macrumors 68000

BTO 17" with 7200rpm hard drive.

Shipped and FedEX estimated delivery date is Oct. 26th.

:)

18. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

Oh man, can't stop checking the Order Status page. My 15" PowerBook hasn't shipped yet, but it changed from 'Manufacturing' to 'Preparing to Ship' sometime between yesterday and this morning.

I got the gig of RAM (1 stick, so I can upgrade to 2 later), 100 gigs @ 7200rpm HD (so I can fry eggs on this thing :D), and SuperDrive. Can't wait to compare it to my current iBook setup!

Waiting is so hard..

19. Stacc macrumors 6502a

I am waiting for my first mac to arrive as well. Unfortunatly it is still at the processing order stage.

For those interested its a 15" Powerbook with the 7200 rpm hard drive and 512 + 1 gb of ram ordered seperatly.

And I thought waiting for the new powerbooks to be announced was painful...

20. cepler macrumors member

cepler

Dunno what all the fuss is about... I walked into the local Apple store and walked out with a $1799 Powerbook 15" 80 gig 5400 RPM 512 meg RAM stock model in a matter of minutes. I pondered the 100 gig 1 gig ram model but didn't want to pay the inflated price on the RAM. Ordered 2 1 gig modules tonight and will 'deal' with 80 gig for now and upgrade it to 160 gig 7200 RPM or 120 gig 7200 RPM later. (Yes, I know they aren't out, but they will be eventually, when I'm ready :) )

21. Nereus thread starter macrumors member

My shipment status just changed to "Out For Delivery STOCKHOLM, ST, SE 24 Oct 2005 05:00". Maybe I'll see my first Mac soon! :D

22. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Congrats. I have a previous 15" model (1.5Ghz), and it is fantastic.

Kimo

23. PharmD macrumors 6502

My current notebook is on eBay right now so I can have money to buy a 15".:D I'm glad to see they are shipping quickly. My university made it seem like we needed to buy these Thinkpads due to their network config and firewalls and such. After going to OSX, I just can't handle windows anymore and a number of enlightened classmates of mine have Macs and no problems whatsoever. I should have it ordered by the end of the week. If any of you are interested in a Thinkpad though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6814051219&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

24. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Well Apple Care will be in today but no sign of my Power Mac shipping until 11/17...

25. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

I ordered the 15" PB. Can't wait. Should get it today :D

24 okt 2005 10:47 Copenhagen Out For Delivery
    24 okt 2005 07:08 Copenhagen Import Received
    21 okt 2005 23:21 Eindhoven Shipped From Originating Depot
    21 okt 2005 19:18 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
    21 okt 2005 19:18 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

Check the TNT Tracker again. Sweden is close to Denmark, so the difference in delivery dates should'nt be that big.