The official "MS Office and Rosetta" thread

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by typewriterchimp, Feb 5, 2006.

1. typewriterchimp macrumors member

So here's the big question: how does Office 2004 for PPC really perform on a new intel machine? The demo at mwsf seems unconvincing. Simply scrolling up and down is not real world use. And opening a document and typing a few things, while a bit more realistic, still doesn't quite tax the program the way most students of all ages would tax it.

How does rosetta emulated Word handle 10 page, 20 page, or 100 page documents? Footnotes? Photos? Since this is such a mission-critical program for so many people, it seems valuable at least to get some real world tests and evaluations of MS office performance.

thanks for everyone's help!

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I've been using Office 2004 on my iMac without any problems at all. It almost seems to be faster than my it was on my previous iMac (Rev. B 2 Ghz). I'm sure it helps that I have 2 GB of RAM but I haven't experienced any problems at all.

3. typewriterchimp thread starter macrumors member

2 gigs of ram...

sounds like a lot of ram. I'm still pushing 512. Is there any way to tell what the processor usage is while running office 2004 in emulation? do the dual cores make a difference?

thanks again