The official Presidents Day Storm Pics thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by 3777, Feb 17, 2003.

1. 3777 macrumors 6502

Here is my day!!! WHOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!! I LOVE DAYS LIKE TODAY!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!! And yes that is my truck in the pics :cool: ................. :D

P.S. This thread endorsed by Paul Kocin:up:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Nice pics. How much snow did you get?

I would share some pics of the snow if I had a decent camera. :D

4. pantagruel macrumors regular

"I'm only happy when it" snows.....
    nice pics.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the pictures, enjoyed. The Atlantic Coast is great in the winter for the snow with is post card perfect photo's. Also great in the summer for the beach! :p

6. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

We currently have 20" on the ground and it is still snowing heavily tonight. Pics were taken during first 1/3 of storm:D

7. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

Another, in my uncle's truck........ anyone else have pics?
    [​IMG]

8. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

They just put my pics on my local news station's site! Go to http://www.turntoten.com .........then click on the "Slideshow: storm of the season" under local news........ click a few pics and it has my truck pic with towers, then last pic in slideshow titled "a road in Wakefield" is same one here from my Aunts farm!......:cool:

9. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Oh man... I didn't get any pictures. Today, temps where I live were in the 70's, clear skies, a nice cool breeze...

It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. I hope things warm up up north. Now I understand why so many people come down to where I live during the winter... Of course, they can be annoying sometimes (darn winter texans...)

10. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't want things to warm up, I love this weather:D

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, after spending most of yesterday digging out of the storm, I managed to get my car to work. Our access road doesn't get plowed by the city, so its up to the home owners to do it. The road is too narrow for a plow, so one snow blower and 5 guys with shovels dug out both sides of the street. Here's a pic of one pile of snow in front of my house, with a tunnel and my dog - she ended up using the tunnels (there is another next to it the intersects this one in the middle) to get to the other side instead of going over.

D :D

12. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

dukestreet - i bet that took a while to shovel.

13. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Nice pics.

Reminds me of the time when it would snow in Minnesota, where i live. I doubt that we've had 20 inches of snow all winter. But its too late now. Time to start taking the fish houses of the lakes and get ready for fishing opener.

Glenn

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have 2 photo's in the lineup, any guesses as to which are mine!

Go to "Slideshow: Blizzard '03." My wife uploaded them to WCVB using her iBook & iPhoto! Sorry for the difficulty!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Ha, that looks like it would be a great play area for small children... if it's stable. ;)

16. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I don't really know...which 2 were yours?

Looks like you got a ton of snow!

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We got 27.5" a historical record in our 150 years of record keeping. This one beat the infamous Blizzard of '78 27.1". Spent most of the day shoveling, still not all of the driveway complete.

A hint, both photo's are from the same town, a part of Boston.

18. 3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

Over here in RI we got about 18-20 inches, but our local meteorologist said for us it really didn't compare to the Blizzard of 78. He said in '78 we had between 34inches of snow in Providence, to nearly 40 inches along the coast.....plus hurricane force winds & power outages because the 78 Blizzard was a lot more intense. Still, I can't even imagine double the amount of snow that's on the ground right now:confused:

P.S. Nice dog pic, looks like a mini snow version of the Narraganset towers:D

19. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I started to shovel the driveway earlier, I will probably finish it later on. At least where I live it is starting to melt.