The Official "Who's Going To MWSF 2007" thread - Meet up at Macworld

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by Flowbee, Nov 30, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I noticed that Other World Computing has posted their free Macworld Exhibition Hall pass and was wondering who was planning to go to the show this year. I've used OWC's free pass every year for the past three years and have never had any problems. It's a great way to check out all your favorite developers and vendors.

So who else will be there, and who's traveling the farthest?

EDIT: We've put together a plan so that we can all get a chance to meet each other during MacWorld. Every day of the expo, there'll be an informal meet-up of MacRumors members at 3:00pm in the "Horseshoe Lounge" area of the South Hall's street-level lobby. Photos and diagram here. No RSVP is required, and you're welcome to stop by just one day, or every day.

The Big Meet-Up
    We're designating the first day of the Expo, Tuesday, Jan. 9th, as the BIG MEET-UP. It seems like most people are planning to be there that day, so it's the best chance to meet other MacRumors members. If you can only make it to one, this should be it. 3:00 at the horseshoe lounge location.

Here's the list (so far) of MR members who have said they will be at Macworld:

1. Flowbee
    2. vniow
    3. devilot (maybe)
    4. cuestakid
    5. CHROMEDOME
    6. screensaver400
    7. WildCowboy
    8. breal8406
    9. BigPrince
    10. andyh2
    11. mike3k
    12. brianbobcat
    13. Kodex
    14. solvs
    15. arn
    16. craigverse
    17. IJ Reilly
    18. slobeck
    19. Silencio

Hope to see you there.

2. macrumors 68020

wmmk

wow, hadn't seen the pass. thanks for pointing it out! my family is probably going to SF in spring or summer, but winter break is early this year, and I believe I get back to school the 9th. maybe i could convince my parents to let me miss one day of schol (which would never happen) and go to SF in winter.

3. macrumors 68020

My dad is trying to get us tickets as media... but they're in high demand...

4. macrumors G4

Ooh, neato. I just registered. Looks like I'm going this year. :D

5. thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

So that's it? Nobody else from MacRumors is planning to be there? :confused:

6. Moderator emeritus

devilot

When I read your thread title I was thinking how I botched it last year ('cause I got free passes and did NOT go) and how I'd like to go this year if only I could get in for free. :p

So I guess I'll try to go this year... :D Thanks for posting that link, Flowbee.

:edit: Can the same priority code be used multiple times? Wanna register the bf, too.

:edit again: Same priority code can be reused. :p

7. macrumors 68020

wmmk

ooh, Demon Hunter gave me a great idea! I could convince my dad to write a story about some new building in SF. any good new architecture there?

8. macrumors G4

Hm, three so far. Perhaps this thread should be moved somewhere where it could gather more attention, like Community. Stickyed maybe?

9. macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

10. Moderator emeritus

devilot

From the Macworld Expo's FAQs:

11. macrumors 68000

I'd love to go, but I really want to see the keynote, and that costs a lot of money. Is there a cheap student rate for the keynote that anyone knows of?

12. Moderator emeritus

devilot

I sort of doubt it. I think they realize that the Keynote pulls in a lot of higher priced admission tickets. ;) Looking briefly at the different tickets here, it seems like the cheapest ticket to see the Keynote runs ~$215 ("Users Conference").

13. macrumors 68000

Yes, I know about the $215 cost. I wish they had a cheaper option. Less than $100 would be a lot easier for me. Oh well, I'll just save for next year! For now, I got one of the OWC free exhibit hall passes.

14. macrumors 68000

i just got my pass and registered and am going with a friend-its during my winter break so i dont have to worry about missing class-i think i may win the contest for who is the closest-i live on stanford campus were my dad teaches so i just have to take cal trans to the city and walk to the expo

15. macrumors G4

So now that we have a few people registered, anyone willing to volunteer to help organise a meetup of sorts? I'm certainly willing to (considering I live here) but I need to get a feel of how many people are actually interested,

16. macrumors member

charkshark

I'd really like to go, not sure if I can though, I get back to school on the 8th, so I'd have to miss a few days, chances are, not gonna happen, I'm begging them!

PS: Thanks for the free passes, I'll register when I am fairly confident I'm going.

17. macrumors regular

18. macrumors 6502a

I signed up for the Users Conference. I get the Jobs keynote, as well as an event with Dr. Tiki and Johnny Johnny. Sweet!

19. macrumors G4

Chundles

I look just like Johnny Johnny - when my Mum saw the Apple home page (I'd left it as the home page on my folks' computer last time I went there) she rang me up asking why I was on the front of the Apple website.

Anyhoo, I'm not going but it's going to be another epic staying awake event with daylight saving pushing the keynote time to ~5:30am.

20. macrumors 68000

Silencio

I'm considering blowing some money on the MacIT conferences and attempting to hit the keynote, but I'll probably just give the show floor a cursory walkthrough like I always do. But yeah: I'll be there one way or the other.

21. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Okay, I just signed up for the free Exhibit Hall pass. I'd also be willing to help coordinate a meet-up. I'm still not sure what my schedule will be like then and how much I'll be able to attend, but count me in!

22. macrumors G4

Mord

It's a toss up between being broke for two months and going or not going and being slightly less broke......

It would cost me specifically about £200 to do which is not too bad but still a chunk of change.

23. macrumors 68020

wmmk

dang, dad said we can't go! rats.

well, my mom just started a blog, maybe i can convince her that MWSF is the best place for iWeb tips:)

24. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I'm down for a meet-up. I am about 90% sure I'm going... the thing is I have to be back to LAX on the 13th for my flight to tokyo. :D

25. macrumors member

Going to MWSF

I'm going to MacWorld. I bought a user pass a few weeks ago. Dad followed suit since I've been home from school (30 mins from SF). So he got us tickets for 1 night at the Marriott down the street from Moscone! Paid BIG bucks for the hotel room thought...I felt kinda bad...

Oh well...Stevenote alone should be worth the sacrifice. I'm really exicited..