The one reason I love PC's.

Discussion in 'Community' started by sjpetry, Jan 22, 2005.

1. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I just got done fixing 3 PCs I got rid of viruses, spy-ware, ad-ware, trojans, deleted corrupted files, installed XP SP2 and updated the computers (they had never been updated so thats about 2-3 years out of date), then installed firefox.

On a Mac all of this would take ~3 minutes (I could just leave it to update itself an and watch a movie).

On a PeeCee it takes ~3 hours (thank God they have cable) and of course their are problems. For instance the damn computer froze then when I tried to install
    the anti-virus it would not load because of viruses.

The reason I love PeeCees is because I got paid. :)

It is is soo nice to be back on my Mac at home. I have never had any problems and everything just works! :D
    Just wanted to tell my story and I know it not nice to make money off of people because they are ignorant for not switching to Macs or Linux.

2. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

yes i know exactly how nice it is to get paid to fix peoples stupid mistakes ;)

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Job security is always nice, and one of the reasons most IT departments would never install a bunch of Macs. :eek:

Who ever wants to do what Drew Carey did at one of his dream jobs: cut the budget, streamline the management, and eliminate your own job...

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This is what we're up against, people... :D

Across the globe, thousands of IT depts are justifying their existence by feeding this monster, realising that their continued employment is at stake.

It's a vicious circle.

5. sjpetry thread starter macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Its nice to get paid to easy stuff but its annoying dealing with thing that can be solved by just switching. It nice to come back to my Mac. When I was on Windows I never had too many problems it was just annoying having to run and scan for viruses and other crap every day. And they look ugly(PeeCees that is). :cool:

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hey don't knock it...I'm a part of it :eek: :eek: :D

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Wouldn't it be nicer though if you were paid to do something that actually improves the world in which we live?

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I know.

You'll be one of the first up against the wall when the revolution comes... :D

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Oh s***, now you tell me!

Better find something else I'm half decent at...

10. gco212 macrumors 6502

Guess what happened to me not five minutes ago. I got the blue screen of death. That's why I love PCs, because it kicks me off while all I'm doing is surfing the internet. I'm getting a Mac eventually (probably this Summer) but I'm not going to get it until it will come with Tiger. I'm looking towards the iBook, but for now, it's a terrific Dell for me! :mad:

11. sjpetry thread starter macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I am a life saver!

I am help out the world because I'm helping PeeCee user with their computer so they can get back to work and keep the economy moving. ;) And remember if the economy goes bad people lose their job, can't feed their family, and people starve to death. So to think about it I just saved someone's life. :) So fixing computer to make extra money is a very respectful job. ;)