The ongoing delay of Vista is...Apple's fault?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Thomas Veil, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Before you say "bull----!", read this:

Interesting, eh? I guess at its core the article is just a long-winded way of saying that OS X is so good that a gargantuan, unfocused company like Microsoft can't easily copy it. But it does put an interesting perspective on it, doesn't it?

Link

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Great article - he's obviously pro-Mac, but it's a good read.

I don;t think that Apple set out to make Microsoft fumble - that was bound to happen on its own. Look at the freaking OS (heck we could even debate whether it's that at all).

3. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I think what iGary is trying to say here is that we debate the word "operating" in the term Operating System.

:D

4. Queso macrumors G4

A company with Steve Ballmer in charge would be in trouble even if it had no competitors at all. If you want a serious Mac revival, lobby all Windows sites & Microsoft investors as to what a great job you think he's doing and why they should keep him as CEO. The longer he stays there, the bigger Apple will grow.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The piece is interesting as far as it goes, but I like my gloating without the glaring mistatements of fact.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I second that emotion. Apple lost control of the business market? When did they ever have control?

Still, a useful premise. Apple has pushed Microsoft into areas where they have no particular competencies. Windows from v.1 is a perfect example. Vista is just the latest.