The ONLY thing about Apple that I hate

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by haiggy, Sep 25, 2004.

1. haiggy macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Okay so here's how it goes:

I was helping out my friend's mom buy a 4G iPod 20GB and since she uses a PC(I know, eh) I figured she needed the additional USB cord with dock connector to sync her iPod. Well, I make the order and everything is done.

So I decide to look up whether or not she needs the USB cable, well - apparently the 4G iPods include the USB cable which I was unaware of. So she basically had to spend an extra $39.99 for nothing - I am feeling guilty.

So I was thinking whether or not to tell her or act as if it was totally uknown to me. So here's where I get to the part I hate about Apple.... well, its not really Apple it is their online store... can someone agree with me there that there should be a cancel order button? I know I should have made sure she didn't need the cable but I just assumed, but all in all there NEEDS to be a cancel order button under "Order Status", period. I am not sure how to call and cancel, and I tried the "90 Minute" cancel webpage which says her account has no orders.... Can anyone tell me how I can cancel just the cable?... what numbers do I phone? I'm living in Canada btw and unfortunately it is a Saturday - and so the phone lines are closed :(

Any help is appreciated
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    Try 1-800-MY-APPLE. They should be able to help you, as long as the stuff hasn't been shipped yet. Even if it has, you should be able to return it for a full refund (maybe having to pay shipping yourself).
  3. kilpajr macrumors regular

Aug 24, 2004
    Auburn, AL
    I ordered Office 2004 with my PB and after I received them I realized I could get Office cheaper from our bookstore. I called Apple (not sure what number but whatever number you call they should be able to transfer you to the right place) and they gave me an RMA number and the address to ship it to. I paid the shipping and they have refunded my money.
  4. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    hell, you can do it right online. Check your order online, and under details for the order, click "Learn More about Order Status", and one option is to cancel or take something off the order.

Attached Files:

5. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2004
    I believe that where I live (holland), you are legally able to cancel any order which you did 'remotely' or anything thats sold door-by-door. It might be a European regulation because we're blessed with over 40% of our laws forced upon us by the EU. We really like that :D not!!! :mad:

Perhaps there's also such a law where you live. If so, I hope for you it hasn't been too long!

Good luck with your situation... Ofcourse you could also consider keeping the USB dock thing and sell it on ebay for a bit less.
  6. haiggy thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks man u helped me out a lot - just sent off my email