'The Oregon Trail' for iPhone Arrives: Make Dysentery Fun ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Mar 11, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

Too modern :eek:
    I wish it was a DIRECT port of Oregon Trail I.

3. macrumors 6502

Looks great to me. Why original graphics? that would suck and plus it wouldn't appeal as much to new players IMO.

4. macrumors 68040

Knowlege Bomb

This may be so but I think it would still appeal to a larger crowd. Those of us that actually played this in school, IMO, aren't going to be interested in a remake. I'm not anyway.

Besides, how hard would it really be to create the original version if you have the resources to do this one? Why not release both and please everybody?

5. macrumors 68040

bradl

Nostalgia and retro are really hot now, compared to today's culture.

Besides, Sometimes, less is more. This case, it might be (haven't looked at the app yet, but definitely am getting it, as I had a copy of Oregon Trail for Apple IIe).

BL.

6. macrumors G5

nagromme

OT has at LEAST 5 versions out there over the years--so nostalgia fans would all be hoping for different versions anyway.

7. Administrator

blakespot

When I spoke with Chillingo in their Manhattan offices, they indicated the target audience is precisely those who loved the original back in the 80s.

blakespot

8. macrumors 6502a

there is a recent interview with the developer online, where they talked about the original vs this one. They actually contemplated including a direct port of the original along with the current game. They decided against it.

i don't know if i can find the article. I'll link to it if i find it.

9. macrumors 65816