The origin of the new imac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ponyboy, Jul 15, 2002.

1. ponyboy macrumors regular

Jan 27, 2002
    SLC UT/Italy
    It is a little know fact that the design for the new iMac came about by accident and was not all that original. While developing technology for a possible handheld device apple was registering domain names and and following thier normal naming scheme they considered the name powerpod as the big brother to the ipod but when they tried to register it was taken but instantly they recognized a great design and immediatly began work on the new imac....check it out for yourself

I am of cousre kidding, very bored, and just having a little pre macworld fun
  2. iwantanewmac macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: The origin of the new imac

LOL! very funny :)
    It sure looks like 1. although they have been around for ages.
  3. gerror macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2001
  4. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd hope it was true!

I think one of my favorite facets of I.D. is "expounding" on something already done... and I think this would actually give apple cred... at least IMHO.

They see something, are inspired by it and get to work. Would be cool. I can see Ive grinning a bit thinking "flat panel iMac...there it is!"

Especially after the walk in Stevo's garden, seeing this is a grassy field..... inspiration. yea!
  5. drastik macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2002
    that's funny:D Better than all the table lamp observations
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

LOL COOL! I wonder where they will get thier next idea! Maybe they should visit my towns local solar panel maker.(We do really have a place that builds solar equipment for third world countries)