The Original UT in Panther

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mr-Stabby, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Mr-Stabby macrumors 6502

I've got the original Unreal Tournament, and i managed to find a little app that said it would make Unreal Tournament work in Mac OS X. Now i've seen these apps before for Quake 1 and 2, and have used them and they've been really good.

I tried using this one, and followed all of the instructions and just got an error just before the actual game was loading (this was after it had pre-loaded all the stuff on the splashscreen)

Now i noticed that this app was made in 2002, before Panther came out. So do we know if its panther thats causing it to screw up? If so is there a fix or a newer version.

Or does anyone know something that will let me play the original UT in panther?

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

You're talking about the OSX UT alpha, if I'm not mistaken, which pretty much was abandoned midway through during development. That version is *very* buggy, and as of yet there's no real OSX UT app.

3. Mr-Stabby thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh never mind, it's ok i got it working

I was getting a Sprocket error or somesort, so what i did was go into the Macs unrealtournament.ini file which came with the download and set the fullscreenres to 640x480, it loaded fine, and just changed the res back in game, so its all working fine now

I can even play online with it, brilliant!

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

If you're getting sprocket errors, you have to be running it in Classic... Sprockets don't exist in OSX anymore...

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

The original UT OS X port is still in Beta 3, and hasn't been updated in 3+ years...It's buggy...AND SLOWWWW.

So, well, all we have hope for is this. http://www.utpg.org/

6. cpjakes macrumors 6502

The original UT is why I still boot in OS 9. A great game on a dual 450 G4 even... Runs well on my TiBook 550 as well, but I had to nuke OS 9 off that for space, sadly enough. But I've got the orignal and 2003 on my PC, so it's still all good!

cpjakes