The Pats are all that...

Discussion in 'Community' started by xsedrinam, Jan 16, 2005.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Hats off to a NE team, coach and all, who played like champions, today.
    X

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

3. jasylonian macrumors regular

Tom Brady plays dumb like a genius. Best quarterback, ever.

4. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

ive been a hardcore pats fan for about ten years now and how could u say they didnt play that well. They held the #1 ranked offense who averages 30 points a game to 3 points. doing this without ty law , richard seymour and tyroone poole 3 starters and two pro bowlers. Brady to was mr.cool and so patient. I just wish the jets beat the steelers so then the pats stay at home and crush the jets. beating pit in pit will be a tough course but belichick is a genious

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats to the Pats, Belichick, Brady and Bruschi...

NE is the most consistent and balanced team to come along in quite a while. The other teams in the playoffs are good, but are unbalanced in some way, and inconsistent at times. I expect NE to keep disappointing the naysayers.

I wouldn't say that Brady is the best QB ever, but he is perfect for the Pats and is as cool as they come, including Montana. Brady will not lose a game for them, and he is clearly efficient in all aspects of the game.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Hah! Nice try. Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Patriots dominated the Colts in every aspect of the game. I would say this is one of the most amazing displays in recent football history- Peyton has been unstoppable. When's the last game he played without scoring a TD?

Total domination.

7. MrSugar macrumors 6502a

MrSugar

Here's to the Pats.

I don't like them, but all week I heard people say how good the Colts are. How the Pats with a beatup secondary couldn't do anything.

Unlucky for the Colts the Pats like being the underdog. Did they forgot who the champs are? Well, they got a good awakening.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I expected more from the Colts. I hope the Steelers game is closer anyway. It should be, because the Steelers are a more balanced team than the Colts in my opinion.

I almost hate to say it, but do I smell a dynasty? They're always talking about how it can't happen anymore.

Go Browns!....hopefully someday. :( (at least we have LeBron and the Cavs to cheer about)

9. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Although I thought the Pats would win, I figured it would be tougher and come down the the last play. I don't think the outcome was in doubt for most of the forth quarter. , even with manning and crew having the ability to score in bunches. The Pats defence allowed him to move a littel, but it was slow and plodding. they allowed the little dunks here and there but slowed the game down real slow.

Now the Pats face a team that loves doing that, so either the Pats need to play their game better then them, or speed it up to get them out of their element.

GO PATS! :D

10. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i believe kansas city had the number one offense on the year by standard rankings .... but thats only because the rankings are done on total yards but the colts had the most points in all of the NFL.

11. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Patriots (#2 scoring Defense) vs. Steelers (#1 scoring Defense). Can't wait!
    It's cliché and repetitious and ho-hum, but never overstated: Defense wins championships. NE gave a clinic on that theme, yesterday.
    X
    BTW-I don't have the hard #'s and stats, but during the former Steeler's dynasty with Bradshaw & Co., does anyone know how the Steel Curtain defense ranked througout their tenure?

12. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Rankings:

AFC - Offensive (yards)
    RNk NAME Yards (per game)
    1 Kansas City 6695 (418.4)
    2 Indianapolis 6475 (404.7)
    3 Denver 6332 (395.8)
    4 New England 5722 (357.6)
    5 San Diego 5552 (347.0)

AFC - Offensive (Points)
    RNK NAME Points (per game)