The perfect bag for the MacBook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by steffi, Dec 6, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

They don't make them like this anymore. I don't think you can buy these anymore as I bought this in 1998 but never had a laptop that suited it. As you can see it's perfect for the Air.

Picked this up from Computer City on Route 7 in NoVA for about $20

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502a

nice

do the panels have zippers for more storage?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

The first picture on the left hand flap has three small pockets for flat items. And there's the one big exterior pocket.

4. macrumors 68000

I like the padding stips. Always a good thing.

5. macrumors 6502

don't mean no disrespect or anything but I got to say this:

ultra kitch.

6. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I've been using one of these since Feb. Works perfect. Matter of fact, going to get another.

Attached Files:

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

The thing I admire is the width of the velcro which allows it to accomodate other sizes. It would probably accomodate a MacBook too so overall it's a clever design because you aren't forced to take up space when it's not being used.

8. macrumors 65816

bbotte

I love this sleeve:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When you carry it around most have no clue what it is. I like that. When some one asks, and you say your laptop, they say "What?". Then you pull out the Air and they are like "Holy Crap!". :)
    I don't need to take the power supply with me as the battery in mine lasts 3-4 hrs of use.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's nice as is the Incase black sleeve which I have also and will probably use in conjunction with the pictured bag/sleeve just to give it some added padding.

10. macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

I use the following folio by SwissGear & air manila by CivilianLabs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:)

11. macrumors 6502

deorg

Im diggin the All in one leather case... im about to google it in a sec:D

12. macrumors 6502

@steffi, like I said didn't mean to insult your taste in anyway, to each his own, I can see the wonderful functionality your bag provides.

hey mh, and bb, beautiful, beautiful sleeves these ones. Care anwering a couple of questions?

a. How pressure, strain resistant are these sleeves? Do they offer enough protection to the air if placed in a tight backpack with ipods books etc, or do you need a special bag too?

b. would the air within a case ( a speck one say) fit in the sleeve too? I am thinking of the extra case for extra protection.

13. macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

jackfrost123,

The CivilianLabs sleeve is fees extremely expensive and it is kind of expensive lol but it is really well made and just premium product.

It has some space to MAYBE fit the MBA with the speck case, I am not sure since I never bothered using that junk.

It is sturdy and would protect your Air while being inside a bag for sure. I take it outside without a bag but I would never trust to drop it :D

14. macrumors 6502

15. macrumors member

16. macrumors newbie

Been using one of these and I'm quite impressed with it. Not so much a case but does give that little bit of protection and being bright red means I don't tend to forget it.

[​IMG]

LINK on amazon.co.uk

17. macrumors 6502

nice i like the white.

18. macrumors 65816

hayduke

Hmm... can't find a link for the SwissGear case...

19. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Googled it and the second link is to Apple's own store..

20. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

That's a bag I've never seen before. Wenger doesn't list it on their site either. I imagine there's no room for a magsafe?

21. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

It doesn't look like it from the pictures, unfortunately, but I've never seen one in person myself. I do think it's a wonderfully stealthy case for the Air, though. You could totally take it into a meeting and no one would ever guess there's a computer in that since it looks like any other standard folio meant for folders and papers...

22. macrumors 6502

which is such a hug plus security and safetywise sometimes.

23. macrumors 65816

hayduke

Thanks. Looks nice. I wish the power adapter were about twice as thin. It would obviously have to be taller, but thin would fit discretely into thiner bags.

24. macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I keep mine in a Incase Neoprene Sleeve, then stick that in a regular backpack. I do get some looks when I take it out of the sleeve since most people don't realize it's a laptop.

25. macrumors 6502

do you guys think that such types of sleeves suffice for the air to go in the bag or do you need possibly an extra protection in terms of plastic case or something, esp. for long travels on the plain where you might lug it around with other baggage and put it on top shelves in airplanes?