the perfect ram for my machine (PM G5)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by chiwawa2004, Mar 14, 2005.

1. chiwawa2004 macrumors newbie

I need Ram for my Mac, 1GB but I really dont want some of this cheap standard ram :p

Is it possibly to use CL2 RAM?
    Is it possibly to use RAM that uses more than 2,5v, for example 2,6v like Kingston HyperX does?

Is it even possibly to use, RAM that is faster than 400Mhz?

Or is it all crap, and I should buy normal RAM for MAC with CL3 and 2,5v :D

Is their any noticable peformance boost, in Freehand or Photoshop, when using 300MB Files?

I could save a lot of money, going for "standard" ram, I guess :p

2. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

crucial.com

Go go www.crucial.com and select all the info for you machine it will tell you ALL the options available both cheap and overpriced... although... it is like namebrand vs generic drugs... but hey don't let me stop you from bolstering the economy.... :eek:

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Any ram that is faster than what is in there or faster than the 400Mghz that the motherboard controlls will be clocked down to that speed, so buying faster ram won't help at all.

Also, Apple computers are very picky about what ram you put in. The .1V difference will probably make the ram unusable in a Mac. The best thing to do is buy quality ram at Apples specification. I would recomend using only Apple tested ram from a reputable resailer like Crucial. Use their memory configurator to find the right ram.