The Pokemon Trading Card Game is Coming to iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 15, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Some attendees of the Pokemon World Championships, which is slated to begin this weekend in Washington, D.C. are being shown a version of the trading card game that will be released on iPad, according to Polygon. Video personality Josh Wittenkeller took a photo of the game running on an iPad.

[​IMG]
    The Pokemon Company confirmed Polygon that the game is real, but it does not yet have a timetable for release. The Pokemon Company has already released many apps for iOS, including the Pokedex for iOS app, however this would be the first full game the company will release for iOS.

Article Link: The Pokemon Trading Card Game is Coming to iPad

2. macrumors 6502a

3. macrumors regular

DarkCole

This is awesome news! Hopefully this is the next step for a full Pokemon game on iOS devices.

Handheld gaming devices are a dying industry. If Nintendo wants to keep Pokemon games relevant, I believe they're going to have to release on other hardware eventually.

4. macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

Hopefully the end of nintendo..just make games for ios

5. macrumors 6502

As a frequent player of the Pokémon TCGO, I could not be more excited for this! I was just thinking about how I could use an iPad version today, when my partner was using my rMBP!

Also, if you think this is going to mean we'll be getting a full Pokémon main series game on iOS, think again. Nintendo are not 'doomed'.

----------

I wouldn't call >43 million sales of a device 'a dying industry'.

----------

I expect this will work exactly the same as the current desktop version of the TCG. There are IAP, but for booster packs, and you can't buy individual cards. Also, this game mostly works along side the physical TCG in the fact that a physical purchase grants you a code for a free online pack. I've actually got secret rare cards on the TCGO without having to pay anything. You earn the coins through a 'story mode' which you then redeem for booster packs. Such fun!

6. macrumors member

Wild Warg

7. macrumors 68000

\-V-/

No, the industry is very much alive.

8. macrumors 65816

CarlosQG

Can we also get OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire while you're at it, Nintendo? :)

9. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

^ This.

The dedicated video game industry is on an upslope and incredibly strong right now.

10. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    My nostalgia senses are tingling!!! I just wish there was a way to only play with the original 150 pokemon cause otherwise it'll feel too weird

11. macrumors 6502

Honestly, most of the original 150 are terrible compared to some of the later expansions. Give it a chance!

12. macrumors 6502a

Slix

Fantastic! Been waiting for some Pokémon games to come to iOS for a while now, hopefully this will happen, and soon!

13. macrumors regular

DarkCole

From my understanding it is not on the upslope. Yes the 3DS is selling very well. Compared to previous years and previous handhelds the market is shrinking, and IMHO I believe to will become irrelevant.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Matt...hardware_declines_leave_Nintendo_weakened.php

14. macrumors 6502a

Hopefully a genie never grants you three wishes.

15. macrumors 6502a

a0me

Tell that to Nintendo.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

Nintendo alone. The PS4 and Xbox One are breaking records and the 3DS and Vita are still hot.

Yeah, the Wii U is a failure, but that doesn't count for the whole industry.

17. macrumors 6502a

Original:

Charizard (a fire breathing dragon)

[​IMG]

Mewtwo (a human experiment gone wrong / master of physic abilities)

[​IMG]

Newer:

Garbador (a pile of garbage, literally)

[​IMG]

Vanillish (a vanilla ice cream cone)

[​IMG]

Chandelure (a chandelier.. if you couldn't tell)

[​IMG]

------------------

We all have opinions but.... C'MON!!!!

18. macrumors 65816

kmj2318

Nice, a self selected sample, so convincing!
    -
    Anyway, I don't see this as an indication of the RPGS coming to iOS. The TCG is meant to be on many platforms, and it's free to download. It's a totally different model than Nintendo's blockbuster games. I would love to have the Pokemon RPGS on my phone, but that might take some time (for Nintendo to lose hope on hardware).

19. macrumors 6502

Three words: Klink, Klang, Klinklang.

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 68000

\-V-/

This was a discussion about handhelds and you're showing graphs for consoles. :confused: Handhelds are a hot item right now, especially for Nintendo. The Vita is doing quite well, also.

21. macrumors 603

Carlanga

It should be added that this game is already out for PC. You get online codes w the newer physical cards and or buy digital on eBay etc according to friends.

----------

I own a vita and is not doing quite well. Even Sony has stopped doing first party titles for now. I do love my vita though.

22. macrumors member

That doesn't explain the last graph though does it, the one where their stock price drops and wipes millions off the value of the company. Yeah, looks like handhelds are really pulling them out of the fire :rolleyes:.

23. macrumors regular

At least Vita is a complete failure in Britain, you can get it from a second hand shop nowadays

24. macrumors 68000

\-V-/

Nobody said they were. That has nothing to do with the original point that handhelds are not dying off.

25. macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

ah MacRumors-- the place where men in their mid 20's are bitching about old vs new pokemon... get a gf guys.