THE POLL. comments

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mudbug, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

2. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

For the sake of world stability, bush must not be voted back in again..
    .. unfortunately I think bush will win the elections, to the detriment of the world.

Only with bush out, the US will be able to rebuild relations to the rest of the world and become a less hated nation, which is important for all. No country can stand as an Island.

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i'm not old enought to vote yet so my voice cant really be heard but i would say that Bush got us into this mess so i would give him another 4 years to get us out of it.

just my idea..... :eek:

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

If i could vote I would vote for Kerry/Edwards(even though I wanted Dean/Clarke). Bush and Kerry are both idiots. You just have to decide who is the less of 2 evils. IMO Kerry is. Let point out some facts. Blair admitted there were no WMD's in Iraq, Bush took this country off of its main threat, and Bush lied and should be impeached anyway.

5. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

You can't dig yourself out of a hole(Bush) by digging deeper, you need someone who thinks of digging stairs. (Kerry)

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

That seems to be the beliefs of most Kerry supporters (I don't kown if you are a Kerry supporter or not)--"We need Kerry because we don't like Bush." But lets be honest, will Kerry be much better? IMO, no. It is so sad that we, in this great country of almost 300,000,000 we have no better candidate for president than these two.

Edit:
    quagmire, you beet me to it.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i dont agree with either man on a lot of issues, but i find Kerry to be much more appealing than Bush when it comes to his ideas, plus Bush screwed the country, led us to a pointless war, there are no WMD at all, and many soldier's lost their lives for no reason because Iraq was no threat, i dont believe he can get us out of the mess he has created, i think there needs to be a change, i personally was for Dean, but i knew he was too liberal to make it through the primaries

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I liked Dean... but then again, I also liked McCain. They both seemed to be smart, reasonable people. So, of course, they'd never win the Presidency.

I was just anti-Bush, but now I'm sort-of warming up to Kerry. Edwards, not so much, but he is charismatic and people seem to like that. I don't neccessarily think Bush and Cheney are bad people, just bad leaders. I don't know if what they did was selfish, or just foolhardy, but they have made so many mistakes they must be removed from such powerful positions. Why more people don't see that is beyond me.

Do I think Kerry can do better? Probably. He can't exactly do much worse now, can he?

9. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I can tell this is going to be a civilized, well manered thread...

10. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Just for the record, I interpret "lie" to mean intentionally saying the opposite of what you know is true in order to further your cause which is not justified by the facts. In which case, I am not sure if the previous posters use of the word "lie" meets my personal standard. I don't know, maybe it does.

Anyway, is there any reason why Bush/Cheney is italicized in the poll?

Attached Files:

• it.jpg
      it.jpg
      File size:
      4.4 KB
      Views:
  11. mkjellman macrumors regular

well this poll is not going to be very accurate because there are many more liberals on this board than conservatives so.....

12. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

The major problem with this statement is that Bush does NOT have to get us out of this mess if he is elected again.....b/c he cannot run again in '08. Seeing what has happened in his first term in which he wants to eventually be elected again......imagine what he'll do if he does not have that worry on his shoulders.

13. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Depends what you mean by Liberals on this board...in the Political forum, yes...in MR as a whole, difficult to say, but I would assume more balance if only by virtue of a larger amount of people.

As for accuracy, again depends on what you mean, MR is a fairly large institution, and as such will have some degree of accuracy...it is an interesting exercise, as are all polls.

We'll see how accurate come November.

Oh, I voted for and will vote for Kerry.

14. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I read somewhere that Mac users are on average more intelligent than PC users or something like that. This poll shows that Mac users also make the most intelligent choice when it comes to the presidential election ;)

15. Mudbug thread starter Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

after you vote, it italicized who YOU voted for.

16. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Agreed! The Presidency has become a position that wealth and/or status seem to be the most important criteria. Let the rich speak for the small % of rich in this country and ignore the middle and poor........b/c they know nothing of those classes.

17. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Couldn't agree more.

18. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

yeah i know i just was trying to find an excuss not to elect Kerry :p

Sorry but he just seems soooooooo cheesy... :rolleyes:

19. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

So much for trying to keep my vote under wraps! :D

Just kidding. Thanks for clearing that up.

20. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

The percentage of democrats is larger then republicans in the Mac world.
    –Chase

21. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

A lot of people voting for George Bush say they are doing so to send a
    message. Apparently that message is, "Hey, look at me, I'm an idiot."

/Stolen Quote

22. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I really hope your kidding. Anyone who chooses a president of the free world like that is not highly regarded in my eyes.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Does that mean Nader=Mac!?! :eek:

I don't think so. I'd say Nader=Linux. But I wouldn't say Kerry=Mac. More like 2000 or Server 2003 (or OS/2) to Bush=XP. Or actually, more like Bush=ME.

I've got too much time on my hands.

24. fredwick macrumors member

25. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

was that really necessary?