The Power of Pizza

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Tanglewood, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Just found this, though its a few months old so I'm apologize in advance if its already a thread.

Link!

It's mind boggling what a little motivation can get you.

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

haha damn!
    Next time the red cross needs donations they should offer up pizza and ice cream!

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

At the high schools and colleges in my area, blood drives usually feature free Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Jamba Juice smoothies, ice cream, and other goodies for donors.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Just before Thanksgiving in 2002, I ran a book drive for a week for my Eagle Scout project. I put a box at my church, and another at the grocery store I used to work at. Donation from those boxes, plus a sizable earlier one, came to over 4,300 books. That was after any severely damaged or inappropriate books were tossed out. Compare that to Good Morning America's.

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Never underestimate the power of "greed", or wanting something for "nothing". I am even guilty in this. I got a free RT ticket on the old Independence Air last year for my donation to the Red Cross. Didn't know about it at the time, but boy I was tempted to do a second donation in order to get a second ticket.