"The Power of X" Chemistry App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yogi477, Jan 19, 2003.

1. yogi477 macrumors regular

I was wondering does anyone know what chemsitry app was demonstrated in the "Power of X" Presentation as I am a student and think I wqould find it usefull but I couldnt pick out the name it was too fuzzy on the feed. Thanks if anybody knows as I can see it being pretty useful for my next Module.

2. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

What's "The Power of X"?

I know some chem apps...what are you looking for exactly?

3. yogi477 thread starter macrumors regular

Chemistry App

It was a presentation that is availbale to view online at quicktime hot picks done by Phil Schiller of Apple and near the end (you can skip straight too it if you want) I think its about 50 something minutes in it shows the Chemistry App I want. He demonstrated it showing a caffine molecule then overlaying electron densities over that to show ionisation potential etc. It looked really good and potentially very useful so please try and check it out ot see if you recognise the app he is using.

Cheers

4. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Phil mentioned every cool app by name except the chemistry one. I wonder why?

5. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

6. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Yeah Phil demonstrated many cool apps there i wish i know how they are called..
    You can always play that stream again and seek to that part...

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

[​IMG]

from the site I posted above, that looks very much alike what Phil demonstrated.

8. unc32 macrumors regular

That isn't going to be cheap. Most good chemistry applications (electrostatic potentials, etc.) are extremely expensive...not too many people want them. If you want simple stuff, check out chemdraw and chem3D. See their website and download a demo version...www.camsoft.com

9. jwt macrumors 6502

Avoid Spartan. I know the president and owner of Wavefun and most of his staff. They don't support the mac very well. I have it on my Windows box at work and it constantly fails to run experiments, especially where energy calculations are concerned. I even attended their 2 day workshop, so I know how to run the program, and I'm telling you don't waste your time.