Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
I have been asking questions about the 12" powerbook for sometime so I want to thank everybody who has helped.

I am going to university in september. I am waiting for the powerbooks to be upgraded. I can only wait until the 16 th of september before I have to buy a powerbook, so hopefully they will upgrade in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway......

When they upgrade the 12" powerbook will they put the price up from £1299 to £1399, after the price drop a few months ago?

Also when do you think Apple will upgrade the 12" powerbook.

If steve Jobs reads this Post, Please upgrade we are all waiting :eek:

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
Re: The price of the upgraded 12" powerbook.

Originally posted by cwedl
When they upgrade the 12" powerbook will they put the price up from 1299 to 1399, after the price drop a few months ago?

you mean $1599 ($1399 edu) and NOT $1299 for 12"..?

if there's a way for you to get a 12" PB for $1299, then get it now. two reasons:

1) upgraded powerbook will probably not be $1299

2) upgrade probably will not be worth whatever the extra money over $1299...

EDIT: d'oh!! i just realized you are talking about UK Pounds. My bad!!

EDIT2: dang, that's EXPENSIVE!! :(

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 5, 2003
Re: Re: The price of the upgraded 12" powerbook.

Originally posted by jxyama

EDIT: d'oh!! i just realized you are talking about UK Pounds. My bad!!

EDIT2: dang, that's EXPENSIVE!! :(

I know but I am used to paying about 50% more for electronics, If a company can get away with charging more for products in different countries they certainly will.

zeebee

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2003
Ignoring what currency your price is in, Apple has typically released the updated product at the same price as the outgoing one. ie. no price increase

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.