the prows and cons of the 12 inc ibook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mactellwillsuck, Jun 30, 2005.

1. mactellwillsuck macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2005
    i thinking of getting a 12inc ibook but before i do i was wondering what i could do with it . what are the prows and whart are the cons
  2. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House

Small size.
    Powerful enough for most all users.
    Beautiful design.
    OS X.
    Built in Airport.
    Long battery life.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005

Three speakers.
    Long battery life.
    Airport Standard.
    OS X.

Small size.
    Not as Powerful as desktop line.
    Stale design. (Rev D?)
    Dim display.
  4. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2005
    if i get this computer its also going to be used for light gameing x planes

possible stars wars battlefront with settings turned on low
  5. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2005
  6. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 30, 2005
  7. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    That could be a pro to some. Or a con to some for iGary.
  8. bleimone macrumors member

Jan 6, 2004
    Great but...

I love my iBook so much I bought the G4 after I had the previous model (G3) for a couple years). The only problem that I see is the wear and tear of the machine. You may only have had the iBook out of the case for 10 minutes and the shell definitely keeps every little scratch. It seems to me that the Powerbook wears better from what others tell me.

Also, if you can afford it, I'd go with the 15 PB. I would have if I had the money because if offers dual monitor output, plus all of the perks.

Its definitely a great deal, and you won't regret it.

eMac G4 1GHZ
    iBook G4 1GHZ
    iPod 15G (3G)
  9. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

Jul 9, 2003
    i loved my 14" ibook, i'm probably going to step down to a 12" ibook (and with the money i save i'll buy a 17" LCD monitor/TV for my dorm)
    one thing i didn't particularly like about the 12" is watching DVD's on it, my gf's 12" ibook was somewhat of a pain to watch a movie on while the extra 2 inches on my ibook really helped (then again, if you have an external monitor this really doesn't matter)
  10. tsk macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2004
    if you get a 12 inc ibook there are really no limits to what you could do with it i have a friend who takes his everywhere with him he loves it he uses it to hook into all his linux boxes one time he took it to the library he even put on tiger recently i dont know if he plays any games on it though i could ask him if you want he has a nice case he keeps it in he and i both agree that 12 inces is really the way to go

prows its small and white and cool looking and it costs very little and it has airport built in which is really a cool feature it also runs osx which a lot of people who have macs like i think its cool you can get things like bluetooth in it if you want to but i dont want it in mine unless its free which its not

cons its not very powerful and the graphics kind of sucks in my opinion other people may disagree on that point it also only has 256mb of ram which is not enough also it cant do screen spanning which may or may not be an issue with you but if it is you can always do the hack also the hard drive is slow and the screen kind of is small which is really both a prow and a con
  11. GKThursday macrumors regular

May 25, 2005